Mike Fisher retires again

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Yeah, he’ll be back next year when he wants to piggyback on another playoff run without grinding for the first 75% of the season.

I like Fisher, but it was obvious there just wasn’t much left in the tank after the 2017 playoffs. He put Nashville in a tough spot by wanting to return. They didn’t really need him, but hard to say no to a face of the franchise.

Last edited:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Just LDAR already!

Reactions: Maelpj93

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
He won't be back again. All sides realize it didn't quite work out. Probably just shouldn't have retired the first time around, but 0h well. Hopefully he catches on with a scouting job or something in the front office to keep him busy.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Now he can grow old with Carrie, pretty Lucky guy. He'll probably score a front office job for his service to the organization throughout those years.

Reactions: Goose

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Yeah, he’ll be back next year when he once to piggyback on another playoff run without grinding for the first 75% of the season.

I like Fisher, but it was obvious there just wasn’t much left in the tank after the 2017 playoffs. He put Nashville in a tough spot by wanting to return. They didn’t really need him, but hard to say no to a face of the franchise.

Fisher said he was happily retired and enjoying life before he was asked to come back by Poile.
Just to be clear, it was Poile who asked Fisher to come back. So drop all this nonsense of Fisher just wanting to jump on board for a free ride.

^
No surprise you’d defend him. You’re a Preds fan

No, he was actually asked back.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Me last month
"you really think Mike Fisher came out of retirement to lose in the second round?"

Point taken. Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad