Confirmed with Link: Mike Fisher Re-Signed 2 Years, $8.8 Million

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Per Elliot Friedman and mynhltraderumors.com

Friedman: Predators pending UFA Mike Fisher is hoping to start contract extension talks soon.

I thought he was gonna retire? Guess he wasn't firm on it.

What do you guys think about contract numbers wise?

Last edited by a moderator:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Would love to keep Fish around as well.

As far as the retirement thing, I would guess that after rebounding so well from the injury, he knows he can still play and is excited about the team wants to be a part of what could be a really special next couple of years....

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
Agreed with the posters above.

I remember not agreeing with the trade when it happened but God I love it now. He is such a funny and nice guy as well. Great presence, I hope a deal gets done

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I think Baby Fisher is the reason why he's thinking two more years.

$8 mil for two years is reasonable. That'll pay for the kid's college fund.

His wife makes ten times the money he does. He doesn't need to play for any financial reasons. With the state of his knees I would be shocked if he stays around, maybe he just loves the game so much he doesn't wanna leave, knees screwed or not. Time will tell, I would love to see fish hang around for a couple more as well though.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Mike Fisher plays for the love of the game. Couldn't ask for more than that.

When I read the first post the first thing that went through my mind was Fish went to Carrie and said, "I think I can still play well, and I really want to keep going for a bit longer."

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
His wife makes ten times the money he does. He doesn't need to play for any financial reasons. With the state of his knees I would be shocked if he stays around, maybe he just loves the game so much he doesn't wanna leave, knees screwed or not. Time will tell, I would love to see fish hang around for a couple more as well though.

actually I googled that earlier today and her estimated income for 2013 was $5M so only slightly more than hubby.

and they do make artificial knees these days... can't play hockey with them too well, but they will work just fine for walking in retirement

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
So happy to see him get up to speed! When he first came back, I was thinking he should make way for some of our young guns. He has returned to form from last year over the past monthish.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

sooner

Jan 8, 2009
actually I googled that earlier today and her estimated income for 2013 was $5M so only slightly more than hubby.

and they do make artificial knees these days... can't play hockey with them too well, but they will work just fine for walking in retirement

Five million sounds like what she'd make in a non touring year like 2014.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
When stars wear expensive jewelry like that, it's usually borrowed. The idea being that by having someone like Carrie wearing it, it will bring the designer/jeweler more business (think Versace gowns at the Oscars).

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
When stars wear expensive jewelry like that, it's usually borrowed. The idea being that by having someone like Carrie wearing it, it will bring the designer/jeweler more business (think Versace gowns at the Oscars).

yeah, i wasn't thinking she owned a 38 million dollar necklace.... she borrowed it from Webers wife :sarcasm: :naughty:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
weAreSmashville ‏@Preds7thMan tweets
Predators expected to sign Mike Fisher to a 2-3 year extension worth $4 million annually, Deal expected within the month,

Preds7thMan: Preds expected to sign Mike Fisher to 2-3 yr extension worth $4m annually, Deal expected within the mo.” On&Off ice=Worth it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad