Mike Cvik on Fan 960 Talking About Oiler Rookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers27

Mar 6, 2013
thought you be all busy watching high school highlight reels and see which 3 your gm will call next week

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Nice. So the refs and linesman don't talk to the media to discuss or justfity or explain their calls during the game, but they will comment on others? Poor form.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Next season when our young forwards have to play through clutching/grabbing/hooking/slashing with little help from the Zebras I hope somebody bumps this thread.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Next season when our young forwards have to play through clutching/grabbing/hooking/slashing with little help from the Zebras I hope somebody bumps this thread.

It already happened enough this year and last.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I havent read anything as to the context this information was delivered.

For example it could have been...'well they have a lot of young talent up there in Edmonton to build around and they are ultra competitive. The group they have is used to success and they just have too much compete in them to not be successful. I remember in the first pre-season game of the year a few years back one of those young Oilers was questioning me on a call. Thats the fire they have. Pre-season or not there is a lot of pride to win and make a difference. '

Not sure anyone with any iota of competitive nature would see this as a bad thing. Obviously it wasnt enough of a beaking for anyone else to take notice of.

If it was a complaint against our youth; Magnus threw his hands up alot if he ever got touched in his first year. It was embarassing and the refs didnt like it either. He doesnt do it anymore but i remember being embarassed as a fan at the time. THAT would be my complaint as an official and its valid. A kid questioning a call is not valid as a complaint.

So in closing...context of why this subject was brought up by cvik, or whatever the **** the zebras name is, and the manner in which it was delivered can change the actual meaning of the message. OP post is poor, like bad journalism taking little quotes but no insight as to the entire dialogue the quote was extracted from. If its a player beaking at an official? hardly news worthy stuff and maybe someone should get cvik or whatever the *** a teddy bear and baby powder his bottom.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad