Mike Cvik on Fan 960 Talking About Oiler Rookie

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizhola

Apr 19, 2006
I was just listening to the Fan 960 in Calgary and they had linesman Mike Cvik on. He was telling a story about some Oiler rookie giving him grief about offside calls during the rookie's first pre-season game.

Did anyone else hear this or did I hear it wrong? I wonder who he was talking about? Thoughts? Hall? RNH?

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
I was just listening to the Fan 960 in Calgary and they had linesman Mike Cvik on. He was telling a story about some Oiler rookie giving him grief about offside calls during the rookie's first pre-season game.

Did anyone else hear this or did I hear it wrong? I wonder who he was talking about? Thoughts? Hall? RNH?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Hall or Eberle, There was talk that they had to tone down the way they were talking to the refs in their first year.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Most likely Hall
He must have really hurt the linesman's feelings since he is crying about this a few years later ;)

gizhola

Apr 19, 2006
Of course it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

I just thought it was interesting and would share it. I'm trying to kill some time before the trades begin.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
With how bad the linesmen have been at their jobs the last few years, I'm surprised that just one Oiler rookie gets singled out for this.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Was probably Hall, kinda funny he's chirping the ref in his very first game :laugh:

He's a competitive dude though, and let's be honest the reffing in the regular season is bad enough, pre season is even worse.

Last edited:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
This is how exciting it is to a Flames fan right now. Nothing better to talk about than this for them. I freaking love it.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Seriously? A player beaking off at an official is now news?

It was probably Hall.

It's not "news" per se, but IMO it cements the notion that the officials, league wide, hold a certain opinion about our team and that we will continue to not get the benefit of the doubt for some calls.

Young, "mouthy", lacking respect etc etc

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
With how bad the linesmen have been at their jobs the last few years, I'm surprised that just one Oiler rookie gets singled out for this.

This right here. Nobody who wears stripes for the NHL should be ragging on a player to the media. Worst officials of all the major sports.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
It was probably Hall.

It's not "news" per se, but IMO it cements the notion that the officials, league wide, hold a certain opinion about our team and that we will continue to not get the benefit of the doubt for some calls.

Young, "mouthy", lacking respect etc etc

that's what I'm thinking. it's meaningful as the ref is still spouting off about it.
if it stuck with him that strongly, how can he not be biased gonig forward?

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
that's what I'm thinking. it's meaningful as the ref is still spouting off about it.
if it stuck with him that strongly, how can he not be biased gonig forward?

Yeah, and he's likely not the only one.
It's just something I've thought for the last 2 seasons or so, sometimes being a "young" team the officials try and teach the kids a lesson with the penalty box. Or lack there of.

Especially when they're hot heads and mouthy, unless Hall is wearing a C on his jersey I don't think he should be talking to refs or linesmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad