Mike Cammalleri question

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
If we can sign him for 3-3.5 ish million a year to wing our left 2nd line, Why not...

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario
I don't think that MB would have kept him. He isn't the type of player that MB wants. I think he would have gotten a better return as I see him as a much better trader than Gauthier.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Well considering that the coach was Cunneyworth, the whole team was playing like garbage.

I would never consider Squid a good leader, but the guy was undeniably talented. He has 11 pts in 12 games played right now. I'd say that's pretty good.

I had gotten the feeling that he really lost faith in things when he didn't get the captaincy. Not saying that that was good in character, but I think this was the moment that things started going down for him.

He's the kind of player you want to have as a complimentary piece but not a main piece. I think he thought he was more important to the team than he might have actually been. So ya, a bit of an attitude problem (that goes all the way back to his days with LA).

But today? I'd take him over PA and I like PA.

There's always something a little fishy about a player who produces everywhere he goes yet can't find any kind of long-term home. Cammalleri has been dogged by attitude questions virtually his entire career and the circumstantial evidence hasn't really done much to dispel those questions.

NJ committed to him for 5 years, but it'll be interesting to see how many of those 5 years he really does spend there.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Well considering that the coach was Cunneyworth, the whole team was playing like garbage.

I would never consider Squid a good leader, but the guy was undeniably talented. He has 11 pts in 12 games played right now. I'd say that's pretty good.

I had gotten the feeling that he really lost faith in things when he didn't get the captaincy. Not saying that that was good in character, but I think this was the moment that things started going down for him.

He's the kind of player you want to have as a complimentary piece but not a main piece. I think he thought he was more important to the team than he might have actually been. So ya, a bit of an attitude problem (that goes all the way back to his days with LA).

But today? I'd take him over PA and I like PA.

Name's Cammalleri, not Calamari.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad