Post-Game Talk: Mike Babcock leads Leafs to another win

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Do you think he won’t start game 1? When that lineup is announced do you seriously believe he won’t be on it?

He'll play alright that doesn't make it a good decision, if we bench Kapanen or Johnsson for him it's a downgrade

I get the whole experience grit and he's a man thing but he's not very good unfortunately even if Babcock loves the guy

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Matthews is unreal. the list of kids 20 or under that were ppg players is razor thin.

Crosby,OV,Malkin,McDavid,Stamkos...Matthews

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
NAME 1 ACTIVE LEAFS FORWARD (ofcourse not including leivo/martin/moore) WHOSE WORSE THAN KOMAROV.

I dare you. You can't.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Dominic Moore.

Also, this shows a lot.

Dominic Moore a fringe NHLer, who the leafs don't even play anymore ....

SO THIS is the excuse you Komarov Kool-Aid Krew have to use ....

Oh since the only player Komarov is better than, that is D. Moore, he belongs to play over Johnsson/Kapanen.

This shows how bad Leo "RealGudPr0" Komarov is/

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
so when Babs constantly says gud pro you don't have a problem but when posters use it you do ? curious
babs is the coach of our hockey team, he has a philosophy he uses, he likes that phrase, whatever...people that use it here as some sort of passive aggressive way of complaining, the poster i replied to literally posted a paragraph where he said it 10 or so times. it gets tiring that every time a person disagrees with a babcock decision they instantly go to that phrase.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
babs is the coach of our hockey team, he has a philosophy he uses, he likes that phrase, whatever...people that use it here as some sort of passive aggressive way of complaining, the poster i replied to literally posted a paragraph where he said it 10 or so times. it gets tiring that every time a person disagrees with a babcock decision they instantly go to that phrase.
i believe Babs has done a good job overall even though i don't like some of his decisions but i'm more tired of the constant phrases he regurgitates than reading it on here

he throws them out like he believes they justify his decisions

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
i believe Babs has done a good job overall even though i don't like some of his decisions but i'm more tired of the constant phrases he regurgitates than reading it on here

he throws them out like he believes they justify his decisions
his decisions have led to us tying the record for most points ever in a season with 7 players having 50 points or more, also being top 10 in both pp% and pk% and also not having to play our stars into the ground in the regular season, no coach is perfect(im not a fan of komorov either this year) but what people are complaining about is beyond me.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
It's funny you hear Babcock say stuff like "you have to seize the opportunity, you never know if this is as good as it's gonna get," but then we see guys like Kap or Andre being scratched in place of plugs.

I hope to God he doesn't play Komarov in the playoffs, he is as good as done.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013

Bang on. Someone brought up a couple months ago that it actually could have been a funny little inside joke had it not been ruined. But I guess some people are more concerned with how many points Matthews gets than the Leafs winning. Maybe they have him in their pool? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
if you think leo isn't playing then you dont know babcock at all, leo is his first person on the PK, if its 5 on 3, leo is his forward, with the lead in the 3rd, babs bumps leo up from the 4th line and bumps others down to defend lead, last minute with goalie pulled, leo most often out, babs uses him, and his physical play is needed in the playoffs...it really doesnt matter what we think

Last edited:
Reactions: leaffaninvancouver

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Bang on. Someone brought up a couple months ago that it actually could have been a funny little inside joke had it not been ruined. But I guess some people are more concerned with how many points Matthews gets than the Leafs winning. Maybe they have him in their pool? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ye, i just dont get it...we have a very good if not great young team. but i guess we are this good in spite of babcock? :help:

Reactions: Liminality

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
mcelhinney>andersen.
he should get half the starts in the playoffs bc i just know andersen will choke again in the playoffs.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Freddy Andersen career playoff stats

GAA: 2.41
SV%: .915

If thats him choking, I really wish he continues to choke. Please continue to choke Andersen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad