Post-Game Talk: Mike Babcock leads Leafs to another win

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I am a big Babcock supporter. He's a great coach, i'll never say otherwise. His record along with what he's accomplished in his career is superb. We are very lucky to have him.

Now, that being said - no matter how great anyone may be, or were in the past - that does not eliminate them from being criticised. It's not that anyone is hating on him or don't want to talk about the many positives he's done, because it's a lot for sure. It's more so that we got a taste of our youth and we're hooked. On top, when that youth is outperforming so called "vets" or "men" of the team then he will be criticised, it's only fair. Don't you think?
Fair comment no doubt. Also true, it's a bit bizarre that he's being criticized just as the team reaches record points(even with the obvious caveats). I mean let's pick our spots people, this is a time of triumph and the praise is well deserved, including Babcock. The title of this thread is embarrassing, given the timing.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I certainly wouldn’t have started a thread saying he was the reason we lost. But in the postgame thread perhaps entitled “Leafs Lose” I’d say Babcock made an error that was a factor in the loss.

Which is totally fair, no one is saying Babcock is immune from criticism but some of the complaints seem to essentially boil down to he's not playing the players I like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad