Recalled/Assigned: Mikael Granlund

Jarick

Doing Nothing
LOL, TGF beat me.

MN Wild Press Release:

The Minnesota Wild has reassigned forward Mikael Granlund to the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League.

In 19 games with the Wild, the 21-year-old totaled six points (1-5=6) and registered a goal in his NHL debut versus Colorado on Jan. 19.

Before being recalled by Minnesota, Granlund skated in 21 games in Houston averaging a point per game (8-13=21). He was named the AHL Rookie of the Month for October scoring 10 points (3-7=10) and a plus-5 rating in seven games. Granlund was Minnesota’s first-round pick (ninth overall) in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Yup. It's better to play than to sit. No room for Granlund in the lineup now. I'm not sure if he even can crack the lineup this season if there's no injuries/trades. Yeo seems to have an idea how and where he should play so I think it'll take some time until he gets the call up again.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Great news. I'm sure he will improve a lot and learn from this.

Land O Lakes

Jan 8, 2013
Long time overdue. Only good things will come out of this. Hopefully he can still produce at the same rate he did before he left the Aeros. Will be interesting to see.

SwimToTheMoon

Wild fan in WPG
Sep 5, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
About time. This is definitely a positive thing. He's not going to gain anything from sitting up in the pressbox night after night.

I'm still fully confident Granlund will be a beast in this league, but he just needs some seasoning and confidence.

I don't see him coming back up unless we lose a top 6 forward to injury/trade. No point in playing him on lines 3/4.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Yeah good move by the Wild, let the kid play. We need to find a way to work PMB back into the line up anyhow so we can trade his ass.

MiG will be back up sooner rather then later

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Well, if they weren't going to play him its the best move. Still pissed they didn't atleast try to give him sheltered minutes like Coyle and Zucker.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Yeah, I've seen this coming for a few days now....Seems like Yeo has found the line combos he wants to move forward with and Granlund, along with Bouchard, are on the outside looking in. Hard to justify inserting Granlund on the 4th line and focing Kenopka to sit when Kenopka is perfectly suited for that role.

If this were a full 82 game season, I think Yeo might be tempted to try a few more combos (MiG seeing some 1st line action, etc.), but since we are basically in the stretch drive with 24 games to play before the post season, the time for experiments are over. Every game and every point are too important right now.

MiG will be back up sooner rather then later

Barring injury or one of either Coyle or Zucker just crapping the bed, I think Granlund spends the rest of the season in Houston. Maybe he's called up and put on the roster for the playoffs (assuming we make it).

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
The Granlund thread on the prospects board has been bumped.

Not surprised.

Without looking, probably by a swede? :sarcasm:

It hurts as a fan of the player, but probably this is good.. things just didin't click and go hes way this time.. In houston, he maybe can get he's confidence back! It might be the best solution for Granlund, so I must agree about this with the coach / GM.

I know he has alot more in him that he was able to show this time.. In national team he has shown it. He was better or as good (on par) as M. Koivu in the national team 2011.. Didin't really see it here this time. Just get the confidence back, kid, you'll be good NHL player!

Minny91

Jan 25, 2013
Unfortunate we never saw MiG and Koivu on a line together before he was sent down.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I wonder who he'll play with; both Coyle and Zucker are up and Larsson has been playing center for a while. Phillips would make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad