Confirmed with Link: Mikael Granlund for a 2nd Round pick

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
GMs who are obsessed with getting extra years from mediocre players making good money are losing the plot.

Zuck? Kap? Granlund?

Wouldn't it be better to spend those futures on players who are actually good, even if they're impending UFAs?

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
It’s okay everyone, Tom Wilson will be a Penguin within 24 hours.

In Ron We Trust

Reactions: Turin

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
GMs who are obsessed with getting extra years from mediocre players making good money are losing the plot.

Zuck? Kap? Granlund?

Wouldn't it be better to spend those futures on players who are actually good, even if they're impending UFAs?

Agreed but Zucker and Kapanen at least made some semblance of sense on paper. This Granlund move is coco bananas. He doesn't solve any of our problems and just eats up precious cap space for 2 more years. Hextall is such a little wanker.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We waived Kap and McGinn. Traded blue.
To get this guy????
I seriously doubt this is the only move the penguins are going to make. But if it helps bolster the bottom six so be it. Honestly I'm rather indifferent about this move, I don't think it's the end of the world like a lot of you guys. And I'm one who would rather we hold on to our pics.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Who in the hell is running this organization? Is Burke still lurking around? How in the actual f*** did we manage to get softer and older? I agree with the others, Hextall is a plant sent to destroy this organization once and for all

spfan

May 4, 2009
I seriously doubt this is the only move the penguins are going to make. But if it helps bolster the bottom six so be it. Honestly I'm rather indifferent about this move, I don't think it's the end of the world like a lot of you guys. And I'm one who would rather we hold on to our pics.
He's not bad, it's just not a fit. And we didn't spend a lot, but this continues just to look like a 1st round exit.

Rather have just not added and just traded Zucker for a 1st or 2nd. And maybe hope to sign him back in the offseason.

I feel like we may as well miss the playoffs and hope for a lottery win. I don't really want to live in mediocrity.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
This is funny because he made one of the dumbest plays that I have ever seen a Center make while leading a rush against us the other night. Even the Preds announcers stated... WTF

who cares........... waste everything!!

spfan

May 4, 2009
Granlund goes from Minnesota to Nashville to Pens. Makes sense. All teams who live in mediocrity .

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad