Confirmed with Link: Mikael Granlund for a 2nd Round pick

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It was so obvious we got Granlund for Zucker but Sully is gonna Sully.
Don't agree with this at all. If Hextall wanted him to play with Zucker he'd make that known to Sullivan.

It's more likely that Hextall and Sullivan both have the same idiotic idea that he can be an effective third liner.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Don't agree with this at all. If Hextall wanted him to play with Zucker he'd make that known to Sullivan.

It's more likely that Hextall and Sullivan both have the same idiotic idea that he can be an effective third liner.
There was literally no reason to get him except Zucker connection.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Coulda just had Blueger, a better pick and 5 mill in cap space.

But he liked him two years ago, so, yea. For some reason we got current year Granlund in the deal.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I thought Granlund would be a good addition. Haven't really wat he'd him in years, but he was nash illest best player when we played them.

I'm truly shocked at how meaningless he is in this team. Literally contributes nothing, and he's quickly becoming a player I dislike.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I thought Granlund would be a good addition. Haven't really wat he'd him in years, but he was nash illest best player when we played them.

I'm truly shocked at how meaningless he is in this team. Literally contributes nothing, and he's quickly becoming a player I dislike.

It’s largely on our staff IMO.

We’ve seen this with multiple players now. They can’t coach this team with a healthy top six.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Shocked that a guy who has struggled badly for the past 4 years aside from one year and relies on #1PP time to produce has been invisible, no clue how an NHL GM didn't understand that Granlund didin't fit the roster makeup, just look at his 5v5 production. 5 mil a year for 30 points and poor defensive play.

Also not shocking to see Blueger, Kapenen become productive away from this terrible system and coach.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
When a move is so bad that it is actually criticized by the media at the time it was made.........Houston, we have a problem.

New GM hammers bonehead coach to put Grandlund in a spot in the top 6 to have success so that you can move at the deadline for assets. This is the best case scenario.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad