Confirmed with Link: Mikael Granlund for a 2nd Round pick

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I mean it's like 3-5 games... but he looks like Kap 2.0. A more expensive Kapanen. :laugh:

But also this is MASSIVELY unfair. It does take time to adjust. I always say this no matter what - give it room to breathe. Let's see what happens after 20+ games.

This is precisely the reason I generally despise TDL acquisitions. It takes more than 20+ to get acclimated to a new culture, teammates, commute, etc. I believe the best trades happen around mid-year.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Doesn't make sense on the 3rd line with how we use the third line. Maybe next year he plays with Malkin but they'd need someone with jam on the other wing.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Rewarding their lack of defensive play is no solution.

It's bizarre, I can't think of any other 1 2 center punch in the league that doesn't have either C PK.
I don't think Malkin or Crosby are the issues defensively on those lines.

It's Rust and Guentzel primarily. Sid and Geno at least occasionally work hard in the d-zone. Rust and Jake are a f***ing joke in the d-zone which is why GCR is so bad defensively. Zucker and Rakell bring it fine on defense.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

It's Rust and Guentzel primarily. Sid and Geno at least occasionally work hard in the d-zone. Rust and Jake are a f***ing joke in the d-zone which is why GCR is so bad defensively. Zucker and Rakell bring it fine on defense.

Yet we have no problem icing Guentzel and Rust to seal a game when the other team empties their net..

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

A lot of Sid and Genos work in the defensive end are to make up for them turning it over in the offensive zone.

Reactions: ronduguayshair

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Rewarding their lack of defensive play is no solution.

It's bizarre, I can't think of any other 1 2 center punch in the league that doesn't have either C PK besides Toronto.

I do like the way L3 is playing and want to reward them.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
A lot of Sid and Genos work in the defensive end are to make up for them turning it over in the offensive zone.
Almost every star player is like that. Patrice Bergerons are few and far between.

Again, they aren't the issue defensively at all.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I prefer Sid and geno not pk

We don't need it, and they're just gonna get hurt blocking a shot... Then who will score for this shallow team??

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Yet we have no problem icing Guentzel and Rust to seal a game when the other team empties their net..

Yea Jake has got to be one of the worst defenders in EN situations. "But he leads the league in EN goals!"

But how many has he been on the ice for?????

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I have no particular inclination to give G-C or Malkin more defensive zone starts.

This is one area I don't begrudge MS.

💯 but then it falls on the coach maybe to help Granlund who apparently is a playmaker make Malkin and Zucker score in the top 6?

Or or just maybe I don't know Hextall goes after a defensive player to assist the bottom 6 instead of getting a primary offensive zone starter.

Either the coach and GM work together and are oblivious or there is an internal war.

Reactions: Andy99

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
💯 but then it falls on the coach maybe to help Granlund who apparently is a playmaker make Malkin and Zucker score in the top 6?

Or or just maybe I don't know Hextall goes after a defensive player to assist the bottom 6 instead of getting a primary offensive zone starter.

Either the coach and GM work together and are oblivious or there is an internal war.

I guess I'd try Granlund with Malkin and Zucker. It could get ugly on the defensive side of things though.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
JtAXa4d.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad