Mika Zibanejad Vicious Slewfoot On Palmieri

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Zibanejad’s problem is he’s never done anything vicious in his life. Ovy knocked out a rookie, Crosby hacked the tip of a guy’s finger off, Kucherov and Malkin swing the stick a lot. You wanna win in hockey and life? Ya need to be a little vicious. Zib probably has a “My Little Pony” collection.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I watched the OP's video 46 times, and it is CLEAR as DAY that something happened!

Reactions: hn777

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
It's true that the Islanders only really played 1 good period. And it's also true that 'game management' or whatever the refs call it/justify it to themselves contributed to that momentum shift. It wasn't just this missed call. There were holdings, missed stick holds, interference, and a phantom penalty call on Mike Reilly because the refs were looking to call the game tightly on the team with the 3 goal lead, not because of any particular bias against one team.

Considering that 'game management' is par for the course in the playoffs, this means that the Islanders aren't good enough to win a series. Because all teams face much of the same.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
It's true that the Islanders only really played 1 good period. And it's also true that 'game management' or whatever the refs call it/justify it to themselves contributed to that momentum shift. It wasn't just this missed call. There were holdings, missed stick holds, interference, and a phantom penalty call on Mike Reilly because the refs were looking to call the game tightly on the team with the 3 goal lead, not because of any particular bias against one team.

Considering that 'game management' is par for the course in the playoffs, this means that the Islanders aren't good enough to win a series. Because all teams face much of the same.
Goodrow’s reaction to his slashing penalty was all I needed to see. Guy hacks at Matt Martin’s stick, breaks his own and gets called on the textbook slash then flips out on the ref like did nothing wrong.
The game management thing is a joke. Isles were up by 3 after the first so they did what they could to balance it out, reminds me a lot of the Stadium Series where they kept looking for things to call until the score was tied.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Goodrow’s reaction to his slashing penalty was all I needed to see. Guy hacks at Matt Martin’s stick, breaks his own and gets called on the textbook slash then flips out on the ref like did nothing wrong.
The game management thing is a joke. Isles were up by 3 after the first so they did what they could to balance it out, reminds me a lot of the Stadium Series where they kept looking for things to call until the score was tied.
And the game management stuff is the *same* reason the Dobson board on Trouchek wasn't called. It's all of a piece. It sucks.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Lmao at the “slewfoot”. If you watched the entire play Palmari was complaining that Mika swung his stick recklessly which hit in the face as he was falling down. As you can clearly see from the video.

Never change homer Butch.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
And the game management stuff is the *same* reason the Dobson board on Trouchek wasn't called. It's all of a piece. It sucks.
The game management stuff is a joke. Watch what happens Saturday, they call 3-4 early penalties on nonsense early on and then swallow the whistles depending on the score. You know one of them will be a rough from a shoving match post puck cover up by the goalie.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
With the word "vicious" in the title and the long delay for a video clip I admit the tension was mounting. I was waiting for the mother of all slew foots.

Sadly, I find myself disappointed. Not the sure what happened to Palimieri's legs there, but it wasn't even a gentle slew foot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad