Player Discussion Mika Zibanejad: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I was at the side of the net last night and got hit with a bomb of a slapper in the sternum/collarbone area (it fell right down to my stick and i backhanded it in, I'll take that trade any day!) and my entire upper body and left shoulder is sore and its only been about 10-12 hours.

It can really screw up your range of motion up top, if that is what is really ailing him

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Meh, I'm not sold on it NOT being a concussion. Idc what they say, there are plenty of reasons to hide it and there has been plenty of questionable injury indiscretion in the past.

The thing I find most suspicious is that Weekes straight up said it was a concussion on the NHL network a day or two after the fact. I wouldn't be surprised if he spoke out of turn.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
So, hypothetically speaking, because sharing medical information is a touchy subject, [cough cough], if someone were re-watching the play it would be totally understandable to conclude that plays like that can cause a bruised sternum that makes it hard to breathe and get oxygen through the system.

That, combined with a more limited range of movement in a fast-paced occupation, could make hypothetically make someone more vulnerable to the type of injury that fans don't want a certain player to receive, should said player have been sent back out there on the ice.

So holding said player out to heal, and prevent a worse injury, would be a potential course of action.

Just saying...

giphy.gif

Meh, I'm not sold on it NOT being a concussion. Idc what they say, there are plenty of reasons to hide it and there has been plenty of questionable injury indiscretion in the past.

The thing I find most suspicious is that Weekes straight up said it was a concussion on the NHL network a day or two after the fact. I wouldn't be surprised if he spoke out of turn.

Read Edge's post and you too will be like...
no-wait-i-see-what-he-did-there-cat-cats-kitten-kitty-pic-picture-funny-lolcat-cute-fun-lovely-photo-images.jpg

Reactions: haveandare

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Where did the concussion speak come from? He didn't even get hit in the head?

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Was hoping there would be an update on his condition. I'm guessing they're keeping the details quiet right now.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
If it was a concussion they would of said it was. Simply because what bergy did was dirty and those type of hits should be done away with and this would be a good example to take to the league.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The Ranger’s barely ever come out and say “Concussion” anymore because they know it could hurt a trade return later in their career if they have too many. They say neck injuries or jaw injuries instead.

It’s a concussion and always has been.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
Wouldn't that be easy to diagnose though? And that wouldn't really qualify as the day to day they've been saying he is since he got hurt.
Unfortunately no. When it's an injury like this it's very hard to have a time table on when he's 100%. And the reason for that being is they're having to rely on his body to heal instead of excelling the healing process. (Surgery realignments etc.)

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It’s not day to day it’s been two weeks. And he’s skated then has a set back? It’s a concussion. Clear as day. And it doesn’t sound like he’s coming back anytime soon with Quinn’s bullshit vague response. They want better answers? This is not good

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
It’s not day to day it’s been two weeks. And he’s skated then has a set back? It’s a concussion. Clear as day. And it doesn’t sound like he’s coming back anytime soon with Quinn’s bull**** vague response. They want better answers? This is not good

Again, you should not be so certain in your assessment but it’s a very likely possibility at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad