Injury Report: Mika Zibanejad out with concussion

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
This is why I didn't like trading Stepan, we have no Center Depth and now Mika is out with another concussion. He has a history of concussions and who knows how many more he can take before he has to call it quits. which really puts a hole in the Center Depth. DD as our number 1 center is not good. This guy is barely a 4th line center on a good team and he is now the top center on the Rangers.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
you dont hold on to a guy because youre afraid of what if scenarios.
Totally. Maybe if there weren’t a salary cap you could have great depth. But these days teams have to run very lean and hope for good health. Occasionally a team will luck-into some great inexpensive depth. But this wasn’t the case.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
This is why I didn't like trading Stepan, we have no Center Depth and now Mika is out with another concussion. He has a history of concussions and who knows how many more he can take before he has to call it quits. which really puts a hole in the Center Depth. DD as our number 1 center is not good. This guy is barely a 4th line center on a good team and he is now the top center on the Rangers.
He's the top center because the other lines are working pretty well right now and the top line has solid enough wingers that they can put points up with a borderline NHL center playing decently. I don't think anyone honestly thinks he's our 1C with Z out when we have Hayes and Miller on the team.

Reactions: Inferno

machphantom

Oct 22, 2011
I saw somewhere that the earliest he could come back now is for the Kings game on 12/15, but i'm not sure if that's true.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Call up Lettieri
I'd certainly like Carey or Desharnais to sit to see what Lettieri can do against NHL competition.

He certainly outplayed both those scrubs in preseason, but I understand that management maybe thought he benefited more from playing in the AHL a bit. The kid has earned a call-up though, and we could use a guy who likes to shoot.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's likely more of a paperwork thing rather than a setback. They may be calling someone up and need the roster spot.

Yeah that is what it likely is. I did not see him being back for at least another week anyway, so IR makes sense.

Reactions: brhymes19

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Sit Carey if you're going to bring up someone else.

Desharnais is no great player or anything but I think he's been more than serviceable. He doesn't deserved to be benched.

Desharnais is good depth. He has been a mis-fit on some combinations of 4th lines but he can help out all through the lineup and I think he could do well on the wing too on a 4th.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I'd hope to see Lettieri in Zibanejad's spot if we call him up. If they're going to be a 3rd line w/o 93, then you've got the opportunity to see how he fits in an offensive role with good players. Soft minutes minimizes risk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad