Value of: Middle 6 Winger to OTT

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Boucher likes his pairs..

Brass-Stone
Pageau-Pyatt

Are 2. He hopes Duchene-Hoffman will be another. The rest just slot in, he clearly likes Smith's forcheck in the top 6 though since he's been there for like a whole year now. Thats something that Duchene-Hoffman pair could really use, thats why he's there over a guy like Dzingle.
And Ryan is clearly a top 6 guy, who has played well with Brass and Stone in the past.

Its not a case of everyone hating Dzingle, it's a case of he's yet to show where he really fits in.. But his speed is nice to have in that bottom 6, its something we lack without him in there.

Also do you really think we can afford to give up the assets for anothee top 6 guy now? No bloody way.. look for another Burrows/Stalberg esque trade this year..

that's kind of what I'm thinking too, except maybe he gets a rental at some point. Maybe at the cost of Wideman and a prospect like Paul or someone else around his level. Wideman is going to be out of luck when Chabot makes the team, if they don't trade him for a rental I bet they move him for futures at some point.

Someone they may be able to sign in the off-season at a lower rate. Bringing in long term fixes will be tough right now with so many big nMes up for free agency coming soon.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
FYI all Canadian teams are on Rick Nash no trade list reportedly he already nixed a deal to Ottawa before he was dealt to the NYR so Nash to Ottawa likely isn't happening.

true, reportedly, but he may be open to the rest of the year w/Duchene in Ott or McDavid in Edm

I'm just showing an open mind and inviting offers here.
IMO, it looks like SJ is doing well enough to consider him as an add w/bud Thornton

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Yeah I am not sure if Nash would come to Ottawa but I would think coming to Canada as a rental is different than signing a long term deal.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
true, reportedly, but he may be open to the rest of the year w/Duchene in Ott or McDavid in Edm

I'm just showing an open mind and inviting offers here.
IMO, it looks like SJ is doing well enough to consider him as an add w/bud Thornton
Yeah that was awhile back when Nash wouldn't waive his NMC for Canadian teams but with McDavid in Edmonton and Matthews in Toronto things could change for a chance at the cup here.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Would Nash even waive if NYR are in a playoff position?

Would love me some Perron or if he's too pricey Roussel.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
the wildcard here is Colin White, I think the kids gonna be stud but i don't know how long it will take him to get there.

As well, with the way Boucher plays rookies its probably best to get a veteran forward lol

Perron seems like a great fit..but I don't know who else is available that we can afford.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Duclair. Still very young, clearly out of place in Arizona judging by his usage. (was he really sitting for 5 of the last 7 games?)

Young promising defensemen would be important to them and Ottawa has several of those.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Duclair. Still very young, clearly out of place in Arizona judging by his usage. (was he really sitting for 5 of the last 7 games?)

Young promising defensemen would be important to them and Ottawa has several of those.

Well you're not getting Ceci or Chabot, Harpur/Englund/Wideman of interest possibly with some add. Wideman has as many points as Duclair and is a very good powerplay asset. Pending UFA but can probably resigned for cheap.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Ben Harpur fits that description. I wonder if Chayka likes Nick Paul?

I won't pretend to know either player's value, but maybe a change of scenery type trade among both young players could work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad