Value of: Middle 6 Winger to OTT

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Dreger claims Dorion is still looking for another forward.

What Middle 6 Wingers are out there? Thinking in the realm of David Perron who would be a good fit.

Guys like Kane, Neal, Nash would be ideal but not sure if we have the capspace or assets to acquire them.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Dorion has been scouting the Golden Knights. I honestly think Perron is the target, as he probably has a more reasonable price tag than Neal. Maybe Marchessault could be a fit for as well.

I'd love to get Perron AND Marchessault so we can send down guys like Nick Paul and Jack Rodewald, who really don't belong in the NHL at this point, but I don't see why Vegas would move both guys out right now.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Perron has the be the target. We can't afford to pay the price for Neal I'm sure, Kane from Buffalo is very unlikely, both in price and other variables.

Maybe Ottawa and New York work out a deal for Zuc, but I highly doubt that too.

Certainly Ottawa should be looking at another winger with MacArthur's status once again up in the air, so I'm glad Dorion is investigating.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Guys on expiring contracts they would love to acquire but probably won't for various reasons:
Neal, Kane, Nash, Backlund, JVR

Guys who they could realistically target as rentals depending on where their respective teams are at the deadline:
Marchessault, Perron, Vrbata, Versteeg, Stempniak, Roussel, Pouliot, Bailey, Grabner, Filpulla, Hansen, Vanek, Ward

Many of these guys won't be available at the deadline, but the ones who are will be worth a look.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
We'll see where Vegas is in the standings in a month or 2 but like others have mentionned, I think Perron makes a lot of sense. He wouldn't cost the moon, I think we could manage to get him for a fair price. Also maybe a guy like Oscar Lindberg?

Hansen would definitely also be a Sens type move. He hasn't produced as much in SJ but that means he'd be much cheaper than probably what he's worth.

Tobias Rieder and Jason Zucker could be options. Zucker obviously depending on where the Wild are in the standings.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Marchessault! Guy is a beast and if we could resign him, we'd have a pretty sweet core going forwards (yes we will move a contract *Phaneuf* in the offseason.)

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I don't know why Vegas would want to make any trades right now.

Pens offer Hagelin+ for Smith or Pageau, basically a 3C.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Hagelin is a 20 some point guy... Why would we downgrade when we are clearly going for a cup..

What Hagelin provided in the playoffs for the Penguins, particularly in 2016 doesn't always show up on the scoresheets. Speed up the wazzu, can PK, great defensively, can push defenders on the dump in, and has proven to be a great 3rd wheel. Would be a good fit with Duchene I believe. Perhaps Hags-Duchene-Stone.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
can't imagine vegas is looking to move Perron at this point.
plus with 12pts in 15 games, he isnt gonna be cheap

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't know why Vegas would want to make any trades right now.

Pens offer Hagelin+ for Smith or Pageau, basically a 3C.

I think the idea would be to add a player while not removing one.

Reactions: Boud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad