Post-Game Talk: Microfractured Sens lovin' that microphone (Habs win 3-2, lead series 2-0)

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Not sure if talked about earlier. But this really bothers me.
http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/mon...katie-kerrick-harassed-at-habs-game-1.3039078

The men who harassed them are scum.
Trash talk is fine. But physical violence is wrong vs both men and women. Can't believe no one stopped it considering it was 2 girls getting harassed

If anything, girls would be seen as easier targets by drunk idiots looking to vent their drunken rage and nobody's standing in between a couple dozen/hundred raging fans to intervene. Sorry, but defending them could leave you even worse than those 2 girls. I've seen enough videos of people getting their heads bashed in by drunk fans to know not to intervene while being so masively outnumbered.

Too bad the ushers didn't do **** when they informed them.

As an aside, I saw in the brawl thread that there were apparently 5 five in the stands in the 'Nucks-Flames games yesterday, and 2 or 3 more outside the building.

Last edited:

Vinc360

Apr 3, 2008
Heh, he's obviously just kidding around and trying to lighten the mood, I thought that was pretty funny.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Game 3 will be a tough one. Sens in a must win at home. Price is the key

Sens seem like Tampa last year; young and defeated.

I also think they're exhausted from their fantastic run down the stretch. This is actually the equivalent of a Stanley Cup Final to them (not intended to be derogatory), in the sense that they've played 25+ games of playoff hockey already. That's beyond tiring.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/mon...katie-kerrick-harassed-at-habs-game-1.3039078

Trash talk is fine. But physical violence is wrong vs both men and women. Can't believe no one stopped it considering it was 2 girls getting harassed

I'm not bothered by it at all. This "journalistic" piece is CBC looking for the worst incident in these 2 games to make habs fans look bad. They're catering to suckers and you're falling for it.

She was hit with a towel. A towel. It's annoying, crude, stupid, juvenile, moronic.. but violent ? She wasn't physically hurt. I'm sure it must be very unpleasant but it's not violence. Same with beer. Unpleasant, stupid, classless... but physical violence ?

And yeah these guys are really stupid you'd hope that no one would be that dumb in a crowd of 21 000 people but..

WAY WAY WAY worse has happened at hockey games. Getting beer poured on you when you go to another building in the playoffs wearing gear from the other team... I've heard so many instances of this happening. It doesn't make it OK but this is not news worthy.

And you're getting one side of the story here. Never forget that. Don't be a sucker.

This is why Ottawa and TB are giving priority to locals for buying tickets and why TB is forbidding fans from wearing other team's colors at games, to avoid these sort of incidents where drunk idiots get into with other fans and security has to intervene.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

vfactor

Dec 8, 2009
Montreal
Looking at how the sens handle adversity there's one thing i will say about MB and MT. While i don't like MT much the team is really really well managed outside the ice.

There's no wild stories like there used to be before MB. Like when Demers cried on the antechamber when the Kostitsyn where supposed to be arrested and sent in jail for the rest of their live or when O'byrne stolen a purses or when Kovalev had to have diner with Gainey 10 times a year and Gainey would let the journalists speculate about the purpose of said diner. You don't see that anymore with MB. The focus is 100% on the team and the game on the ice.

I'm sure our management would have handled the stone injury differently.

MT would have said that he thinks it deserves a suspension but it will be up to the league to decide.

And the official injury report would have been upper body injury and day to day.

Neil would not have been part of the lineup before the game probably someone able to "replace" stone like Bournival or something.

Any organization, companies, team, collectivity, family follow the image, the philosophy, the personality of the leader. A good leader will reflect a lot of his (good) values, images, belief and transmit it down the pipeline.

I had some doubt about Marc Bergevin at the beginning fearing he wanted the show instead of making the team the show. Some questionable decisions (any GMs will have questionable decisions) but he won me over. Marc Bergevin truly changed the behavior, the vibe of this organization and there's a lot of him in that.

MB was a player but a marginal player, not a star. He still managed to play over a 1000 games in the NHL with 36 goals and 145 pts. This is a pretty ordinary career or pretty extraordinary career depending on how you see it. He earned it for sure.

He was known to be loved by teammates, it means he has good human qualities, he's funny, he was the clown. This is very important, it means he doesn't take himself too seriously. It's not about him.

He worked his way up to the management position, he didn't get a free pass, he didn't use any of his 'prestige' ex player to get where he is. One more time, he earned it.

Marc Bergevin has a lot of qualities in what I consider a great leader. He put the team on top, it was about the team. He shows human quality, very humble, close to the public. His dancing was epic. At the same time, he showed that he possesses those qualities that made him special at his position.

1-His player, team, evaluation seems pretty good. He saw things that ordinary people don't. This is probably the most important quality needed from a GM job.

2-Excellent negotiator, evaluator of players market: Players he got from trade deadline are better than expected considering the paid price. He the only one I can tell that put a smile on my face on those trades he made. It was never seen from ex management as far as I remember. This is probably the second most important quality of a GM. Habs fans are so used of overpaying players to play in Montreal crab as the lame excuse from ex GMs. Habs fans are also used to the bad asset management so it's so refreshing to have someone with competent through action and not competent through image + perception.

3-He seems to recognize, accept and correct his errors quickly. This is a quality a lot of leaders can't/don't possess because it's could be a natural opposite character to another fundamental quality of leader: don't accept defeat, give up. It's the war that matter, not the battle. Way easier said than done.

NHL suffers a lot from this. A lot of country clubs, a lot of incompetent, unqualified people got the most important job of an organization based on....prestige and ran that organization to the ground for years.

Shanahan is the opposite of Marc Bergevin. Leafs fans are so happy because they don't have any choice other than feeding on hope.

Shanahan present all the traits of an exec who doesn't earn his right but rather using his influence, tricks, manipulation to obtain what he wants. He hasn't show anything remotely close to a leader quality, or a talent evaluator quality, or simply a sign of someone you can trust. He mostly showed that he wanted to run the show with the least responsibility or accountability possible. Leader on sunny days, Boss on rainy days.

If I am a soldier, I go to war with MB. Never, never with Shannahan.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm not bothered by it at all. This "journalistic" piece is CBC looking for the worst incident in these 2 games to make habs fans look bad. They're catering to suckers and you're falling for it.

She was hit with a towel. A towel. It's annoying, crude, stupid, juvenile, moronic.. but violent ? She wasn't physically hurt. I'm sure it must be very unpleasant but it's not violence. Same with beer. Unpleasant, stupid, classless... but physical violence ?

And yeah these guys are really stupid you'd hope that no one would be that dumb in a crowd of 21 000 people but..

WAY WAY WAY worse has happened at hockey games. Getting beer poured on you when you go to another building in the playoffs wearing gear from the other team... I've heard so many instances of this happening. It doesn't make it OK but this is not news worthy.

And you're getting one side of the story here. Never forget that. Don't be a sucker.

This is why Ottawa and TB are giving priority to locals for buying tickets and why TB is forbidding fans from wearing other team's colors at games, to avoid these sort of incidents where drunk idiots get into with other fans and security has to intervene.

Well she was physically violated. Seeing fans wear opposing jerseys doesn't give you the right to physically violate them, no matter how minimal of a violation it is.

I get what you're saying though, as disgusting and stupid as it is, it's nothing major.
We also don't know if they were throwing F-bombs too, just because they're girls doesn't mean they're angels. In no way does that excuse the other guys, just saying maybe the girls were also stupid.

In any event, I never understood why someone would wear the away team jersey when you go into an intense game. You're just asking for attention doing that.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Well she was physically violated. Seeing fans wear opposing jerseys doesn't give you the right to physically violate them, no matter how minimal of a violation it is.

I get what you're saying though, as disgusting and stupid as it is, it's nothing major.
We also don't know if they were throwing F-bombs too, just because they're girls doesn't mean they're angels. In no way does that excuse the other guys, just saying maybe the girls were also stupid.

In any event, I never understood why someone would wear the away team jersey when you go into an intense game. You're just asking for attention doing that.

I find violence to be a strong word for this type of behavior. There has to be a better word. It cheapens the meaning of the word for victims of real violence who actually suffer real harm IMO. A better word would be harassment. She was harassed.

And yeah, it's one side of the story. I bet worse happens in Ottawa on sunday and we will never hear of it in the news. Interesting that CBC decided to actually post that on their site... and she managed to get a picture with Bobby Ryan... she's getting a lot of attention for a nobody with a fairly unremarkable story that happens all the time... perhaps my overactive imagination is taking over here.. but this is the first time I ever see a case of beer pouring ending up as real news...interesting.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

I always take these things with a huge grain of salt, especially if someone goes to the media with a story about getting hit by towels.

I just find it hard to believe if it was that bad security did nothing or fans of either team didn't step in.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Shanahan is the opposite of Marc Bergevin. Leafs fans are so happy because they don't have any choice other than feeding on hope.

Shanahan present all the qualities of a exec who doesn't earn his right but rather using his influence, tricks, manipulation to obtain what he wants. He hasn't show anything remotely close to a leader quality, or a talent evaluator quality, or simply a sign of someone you can trust.

If I am a soldier, I go to war with MB. Never, never with Shannahan.

I don't think you're being fair with Shanahan. All the things you mentioned for Bergevin you could say for Shanahan.
He was a joker, played over 1500 games, awesome leader on the ice, hall of famer, won Gold at the Olympics, World Championships, Canada Cup, and Stanley Cup, made the All-Star team 8 times and even was named Captain of it once, the only player in the history of the NHL to have over 600 goals and 2000pim.
What he doesn't have is experience of player personnel or various other positions within an organization, but he wasn't hired for that. He was hired to be the president. He was in charge of player safety so dealt with every team.

I think he's doing a good job so far. He came in last April. Gave himself a year to evaluate his current staff, which is a smart decision. He was clearly dissatisfied with their performance so he started making changes.
They moved guys and grabbed picks. Moving Clarkson was a terrific decision.
He warned the fans that it will be a slow rebuild and that patience is in order, like Bergevin had done.

As I said, I think he's handled the situation quite well. Now it'll be interesting to see who he hires going forward and which players get moved.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I always take these things with a huge grain of salt, especially if someone goes to the media with a story about getting hit by towels.

I just find it hard to believe if it was that bad security did nothing or fans of either team didn't step in.

Agreed. This is petty compared to the fan who is brain damaged for wearing a San Fran hat leaving Dodger stadium. Not condoning the smacked with a towel but this is total bull crap designed to make habs fans look bad...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I find violence to be a strong word for this type of behavior. There has to be a better word. It cheapens the meaning of the word for victims of real violence who actually suffer real harm IMO. A better word would be harassment. She was harassed.

And yeah, it's one side of the story. I bet worse happens in Ottawa on sunday and we will never hear of it in the news. Interesting that CBC decided to actually post that on their site... and she managed to get a picture with Bobby Ryan... she's getting a lot of attention for a nobody with a fairly unremarkable story that happens all the time... perhaps my overactive imagination is taking over here.. but this is the first time I ever see a case of beer pouring ending up as real news...interesting.

Physical harassment is different though. Harassment never leads to actual touching. It's verbal or gestures, but it never crosses the line where a person gets touched.
Maybe abuse is what you had in mind, physical abuse.
I know it's rather minimal, but you're also not considering the mental aspect. I know girls that have been physically abused, for pretty much all of them, they always talk about the mental scaring not the physical one. Even if it's as little as being spat on and yelled at. It's still traumatizing.

But yea, hit by a towel..seems like quite a stretch for a story. If anything these series is making Senators (from their coach to players) and their fans look extremely sensitive. The ironic part is they make fun of Habs fans for their sensitivity.

Last edited:

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
IShe was hit with a towel. A towel. It's annoying, crude, stupid, juvenile, moronic.. but violent ? She wasn't physically hurt. I'm sure it must be very unpleasant but it's not violence. Same with beer. Unpleasant, stupid, classless... but physical violence ?

When parsing goes wrong.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo

Umm, its harassment which is a crime. Good job for pretending the incident meant nothing. Whether or not you deem the event physical, it is still assault.

No one deserves to be mentally or physically abused on any level.

Malreg

May 12, 2011
Wasn't Cameron the head coach of the World Juniors when they blew a 3-0 lead against the Russians in the gold medal game?

I remember him looking frozen on the bench, and he waited until it he was 4-3 before he even called a timeout or changed goalies.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Wait, I'm confused about something. I noticed her nose was smashed, that had nothing to do with the incident? I mention this fact because it is the single most alarming element of the reportage.

I still think everything that transpired fits the category of violence.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

It's the media, they always try and make things look worse than it is. Now I'm not saying what happen as acceptable since it isn't but the media looks to look moments like this and milk it for all it has. Just like the fight in the stands between Leafs and Sens fans earlier in the season.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cameron seems like a distraction lol. He can't handle this.

I expect the Sens to come out flying in the first few minutes tomorrow, but we just have to weather that, and then we'll be good.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Wasn't Cameron the head coach of the World Juniors when they blew a 3-0 lead against the Russians in the gold medal game?

I remember him looking frozen on the bench, and he waited until it he was 4-3 before he even called a timeout or changed goalies.

What shocks me is that fact that he is so arrogant in his interviews even when his team is getting outplayed and has his back to the ropes.

If you are going to make comments like that have the record to back it up.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Cameron seems like a distraction lol. He can't handle this.

I expect the Sens to come out flying in the first few minutes tomorrow, but we just have to weather that, and then we'll be good.

I actually see the opposite.

I think the Sens will get gradually worst and the pressure of playing at home wont help things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad