Post-Game Talk: Microfractured Sens lovin' that microphone (Habs win 3-2, lead series 2-0)

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
A fan wearing the opposing team's jersey was called names. What a development we have here. Seriously, get over it. Christ. A Montreal fan was pissed on at a Bruins game and another was put in the hospital and it got less press than this.

Bryan Murray is rubbing off on his fans now.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...katie-kerrick-harassed-at-habs-game-1.3039078

Next game for free in Ottawa in the owners box and she probably got a refund from the Habs.

Order a cheap Tampa jersey and pull this off next round guys. :help:

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Well, I don't expect them to go nuts all game long. I'm talking about a hot 5 minutes at the start before things get settled and we start to take over like we have in both games this series. It always happens. They'll be energized in front of their home crowd, but it won't last long if we weather that. And if we can catch one of their D pinching and create an opportunity off that, even better. I expect their young D to be looking to do a bit too much early on in the game.

Actually what I've seen happening so far is we control the first 2-3 minutes then sit back for the next 10-15. After that we pick it back up and control most of the rest of the game (not including the last 5 minutes). The second period and early third have easily been our best level of play so far.

Both games have followed that general layout IMO

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Is it me or that woman's story is way too over the top?! I believe there are some idiots attending games but according to her, nobody in the stands said something and Bell Center security didn't do what they're paid for ?! Real hard to believe everything she says.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Is it me or that woman's story is way too over the top?! I believe there are some idiots attending games but according to her, nobody in the stands said something and Bell Center security didn't do what they're paid for ?! Real hard to believe everything she says.

Dont' believe anything you hear, and half of what you see :naughty:

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I am going to game 3 tomorrow in Ottawa, does anybody here went before ? How's traffic ? Is it better to park downtown and head there by bus or by car is still fine ?
Are you leaving from Montreal on gameday or are spending the night in Ottawa?

The arena is located in Kanata which is the Western portion of the city, whereas I live in the Eastern portion. Speaking from experience, traffic can be pretty rough towards the arena driving on the Queensway, especially on weekdays when people are heading home from work. However, given that the game takes place during the weekend, I wouldn't worry about the traffic.

Parking is expensive but still cheaper than it is at the Bell Centre, and more convenient.

OC Transpo offers game day buses to the CTC via routes 401 to 406, depending on your location. These are not a bad option as the buses have their own designated lane on the Queensway and are therefore not affected by traffic.

Personally, if I was you, I would drive to the CTC but if you wish to save some money and time, and if you are driving from Montreal, you can park at a so-called "Park and Ride" (for free) and take the bus from there all the way to the CTC and back. If you are driving from Montreal, your best option would be to park at the Trim Station "Park and Ride" which is in Orleans and nearest to Montreal, and then hop onto the 405 until last stop.

It's better and more convenient to park at Trim Station than downtown because it's free and you are guaranteed a parking space (the lot is huge).

P.S. Do not listen to the Senators fans because they are providing you with false information.

Last edited:

vinvin621

Sep 3, 2008
Are you leaving from Montreal on gameday or are spending the night in Ottawa?

The arena is located in Kanata which is the Western portion of the city, whereas I live in the Eastern portion. Speaking from experience, traffic can be pretty rough towards the arena driving on the Queensway, especially on weekdays when people are heading home from work. However, given that the game takes place during the weekend, I wouldn't worry about the traffic.

Parking is expensive but still cheaper than it is at the Bell Centre, and more convenient.

OC Transpo offers game day buses to the CTC via routes 401 to 406, depending on your location. These are not a bad option as the buses have their own designated lane on the Queensway and are therefore not affected by traffic.

Personally, if I was you, I would drive to the CTC but if you wish to save some money and time, and if you are driving from Montreal, you can park at a so-called "Park and Ride" (for free) and take the bus from there all the way to the CTC and back. If you are driving from Montreal, your best option would be to park at the Trim Station "Park and Ride" which is in Orleans and nearest to Montreal, and then hop onto the 405 until last stop.

(Btw, do not listen to the Senators fans because they are providing you with false information).
Thanks for your advice, I am driving there tomorrow morning. I heard driving there is fine, but leaving the parking lots after the game can be a headache. Am I right ?

If I wanna park downtown, which bus should I take ? And is it available after the game ?

Thanks again.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
my fav thing is how the Bell center fans are the worst in hockey and they know nothing about the game lols

people seem to forget the game and league began here in NA

Everyone seems to think Hockey is a library event where you should bring a good book sorry our building rocks and your's is 60mg of lithium

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
Thanks for your advice, I am driving there tomorrow morning. I heard driving there is fine, but leaving the parking lots after the game can be a headache. Am I right ?

If I wanna park downtown, which bus should I take ? And is it available after the game ?

Thanks again.
If you want to park downtown, you would hop onto the 403 on Rideau Street (at stop 4A). However, at that time the bus will already have picked up at a few stations before.

Like I said, routes 401 to 406 are specifically designed for the Canadian Tire Centre and only operate on game day. So to answer your question, the buses will be available well after the game and they will drive you back anywhere.

But once again, I would simply suggest that you drive to the CTC. Because it's not a weekday, I would not worry about traffic at all. Driving from downtown to there is about a 20-25 minute smooth drive. The CTC is located in the middle of nowhere so it's really easy to find your way and there is a lot of parking available for $13-20, depending on the lot.

It's true that getting out of the parking lot can be a bit hectic but taking the bus there and back and being squeezed in there with obnoxious Senators fans is even more of a hassle.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Is anybody working on the GDT?

I have less than 0 photoshop skills so I'll leave it to the pros.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
Actually what I've seen happening so far is we control the first 2-3 minutes then sit back for the next 10-15. After that we pick it back up and control most of the rest of the game (not including the last 5 minutes). The second period and early third have easily been our best level of play so far.

Both games have followed that general layout IMO

Both games our momentum was lost due to a penalty(DLR first game, Galchenyuk second game

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Sen fan,
Subban had plenty of help from a biased Sportsnet crew trying to make a story out of him in Game 2. He was alright, didn't really stand out for me. Karlsson had a better game than him imo, every time he was on the ice it felt like Ottawa was outplaying the Habs. Not to mention he was killing penalties as well.

His last line was ...Not to mention Karlsson was killing penalties as well.

Karlsson had a total of 57 seconds out of 12 minutes of PK time and this guy says this.:laugh:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Sen fan,
Subban had plenty of help from a biased Sportsnet crew trying to make a story out of him in Game 2. He was alright, didn't really stand out for me. Karlsson had a better game than him imo, every time he was on the ice it felt like Ottawa was outplaying the Habs. Not to mention he was killing penalties as well.

Karlsson had a total of 57 seconds out of 12 minutes of PK time and this guy says this.:laugh:

Sens fans are insane.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Sen fan,

It seems like the Sens were the one trying to make a story out of him and he answered about as resoundingly as a pro athelete can with the most pressure on him possible and everyone watching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad