Injury Report: Micheal Ferland (Upper Body)

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Isn't that already baked in? He doesn't "add" anything if he is already taking up the $4M...he just doesn't free up any space.

He's UFA after this season. Current salary is $4.5 million and he's had 50 points each of the last two seasons, and that's before you start talking about his leadership or this current run. $4 million is a conservative estimate. Sure, he probably doesn't want to leave, but I'd rather not be the team that leverages that on its captain when he's probably only going to play for 2 more years anyway.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
LOL, I can't add

We have 14 under contract right now and it seems given we will sign Aho/Williams/McGinn at dollar figures we can project somewhat safely. That makes 17. Assuming we are going to carry 22 roster players.

Yeah I wasn't thinking about the press box. Ideally near minimum salary guys as extras.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Not sure if I'm interested in trading Faulk anymore, unless Faulk gives management reason to believe he wants to go somewhere else.
It's not necessarily even about wanting to. It's about putting together a roster that makes sense within whatever amount we're willing to spend and having an idea of what his next contact will be.

If we go crazy with the playoff revenue and increased ticket sales and want to keep Faulk (including a new, likely heftier, contract), cool. If not he's a real candidate to move. The fact that he's possibly increased his value even heading into his final year is a nice bonus if we need to. I'd still probably look to move on all things considered.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
seminblast.png

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I can't count very many teams that go deeper than Nino, Svech, Foegele on the left side. Hell, Ferland is on the fourth line behind those three tonight (for obvious reasons, I know).

Based on current level of play, he's on the 4th line because, at best, that's where he belongs.

I think Ferland will re-sign here.

As somebody who had also penciled him in here (assuming his contract demands ended up more reasonable), after last night's effort, he's added a bit of poison to that well.

Aho at 7, Williams at 2.5, McGinn at 2.

Take it or leave it.

Aho takes the offer sheet, if that's the case. Williams is almost certainly going to sign for $4 million minimum and more likely at his current cap hit. McGinn at $2 million is probably close.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad