Friedman: Micheal Ferland re-signs

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
All of his goals and most of his points were in like an 8 game span when first put together. Don't make it sound like more than it is. Over the last 13 games they were together, he did very little.

Your point is mostly correct, although Ferland did score on March 27 against Colorado, his fifteenth game on that line. He scored 1 goal and 3 assists in his last 13 games on that line... still a higher points pace than his first 55 games on the line.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Your point is mostly correct, although Ferland did score on March 27 against Colorado, his fifteenth game on that line. He scored 1 goal and 3 assists in his last 13 games on that line... still a higher points pace than his first 55 games on the line.
the point stands, 8 or 21 games does not make him more than he is. A third liner that got some first line minutes. Stop making him sound like more than he is. We already have OKG giving us a bad enough name without you adding to it.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
the point stands, 8 or 21 games does not make him more than he is. A third liner that got some first line minutes. Stop making him sound like more than he is. We already have OKG giving us a bad enough name without you adding to it.

Oh no, I'm not nearly as high on him as OKG is. He's not the best power forward in the NHL by any stretch. I doubt he's peaked, though. He has an elite shot and just turned 25. There's definitely room to grow.

But he is also able to be effective on a lower line, like he was in 2015 in the playoffs on the third line with Matt Stajan and David Jones. If the Flames sign a guy like Jagr or Vanek, then he'll be able to slide down the lineup with ease. Either way, this is still a great value signing.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
I'm a Flames fan and even I wouldn't make that claim. They are comparable players, who someone likes better is a matter of opinion.

Kassian wins in the 'looks like an axe murderer' department:

zack-kassian-2017-41.jpg

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

He slotted well on the first line.
Strikes me as a guy who can work his way up and down the lineup depending on what you need.

Don't like Method Man swag your thoughts on the kid. Guy doesn't like fan favourites. Really we're just a bunch of morons in his world :laugh:

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Terrific deal by Treliving, wow. Actually extremely surprised about the number. Although too bad he didn't sign for more years and will be a UFA afterwards. Guy has an unreal shot and just based on his statistical extrapolation, if he received top 9 minutes, he would easily be a 20 goal scorer.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
I'm a Flames fan and even I wouldn't make that claim. They are comparable players, who someone likes better is a matter of opinion.

Your pretty dead on there, the only way I see Ferland with a slight edge is that although they are both good third line guys, ferland moved up and has shown limited chemistry on the first line. It's always nice to have that lightning in a bottle kind of guy that can be moved up and ignite that production of the first line if it stagnates a bit

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Your pretty dead on there, the only way I see Ferland with a slight edge is that although they are both good third line guys, ferland moved up and has shown limited chemistry on the first line. It's always nice to have that lightning in a bottle kind of guy that can be moved up and ignite that production of the first line if it stagnates a bit
I think the difference between teh two is Kassian is a more physically impactful player on a game to game basis, but Ferland is a bit smarter and faster.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I think the difference between teh two is Kassian is a more physically impactful player on a game to game basis, but Ferland is a bit smarter and faster.

Ferland is one of the best skaters on Calgary. It's actually quite impressive so his size.

Looks like a star sometimes but then disappears.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Really thought he'd be over 2mil per. When he does bring it, he's an impact player. Should be noted he had next to no PP time last year even when he was up on the top line. Could get 20G if that changes and he sticks with Gaudreau and Monahan for more than half the season.

Bjornar Moxnes

From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark

I mean you kind give the Flames a bad name now and then as well. OKG severely overrates certain players, but so do you and you underrate others as well. Also at least OKG has professionalism in his delusional views, whereas you tend to rage at others too fast. I understand where you're coming from though. I don't value Ferland that high.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Terrific deal by Treliving, wow. Actually extremely surprised about the number. Although too bad he didn't sign for more years and will be a UFA afterwards. Guy has an unreal shot and just based on his statistical extrapolation, if he received top 9 minutes, he would easily be a 20 goal scorer.

I'm glad he won't be an UFA soon. We can re-sign him before he reaches that lol.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I mean you kind give the Flames a bad name now and then as well. OKG severely overrates certain players, but so do you and you underrate others as well. Also at least OKG has professionalism in his delusional views, whereas you tend to rage at others too fast. I understand where you're coming from though. I don't value Ferland that high.

Says one of the bigger homers on certain players out of the Flames fans as well.

Not to mention your sense of trade value can be a little... off.

We've all got our flaws.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Says one of the bigger homers on certain players out of the Flames fans as well.

Not to mention your sense of trade value can be a little... off.

We've all got our flaws.

I admit that I do overrate players and underrates others often. However at the same time, again like OKG I do it with general professionalism (Aka no rage tactics as soon as the conversation begins). Besides the only Flames player I may overrate is Brodie, but I legit think he's that good and he has proven it not just in stretches, but in an entire season as well (His 2015-2016 was elite until the final few weeks, he was an elite player for half the 2014-2015 season and still played great with Engelland and in the 2015 playoffs).

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I admit that I do overrate players and underrates others often. However at the same time, again like OKG I do it with general professionalism (Aka no rage tactics as soon as the conversation begins). Besides the only Flames player I may overrate is Brodie, but I legit think he's that good and he has proven it not just in stretches, but in an entire season as well (His 2015-2016 was elite until the final few weeks, he was an elite player for half the 2014-2015 season and still played great with Engelland and in the 2015 playoffs).

Sure. I respect OKG's resilience in professionalism and not losing his **** when everyone is piling on him. Definitely don't agree with him all the time either though. Some of the stuff he throws out there sometimes makes me shake my head.

Not that I'm without flaw either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad