Proposal: Michael Ryder part III

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Definitely not a Bergevin type guy. Especially after the wreck that was Vanek int he playoffs, I think the team is even more wary of bringing back those ultra streaky passenger types.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I feel like the Habs could use 1 additional winger, preferably one with at least some scoring potential. If I could get that player for next to nothing, and he was on an expiring contract, I'd take pretty much anybody. Ryder fits most of the criteria... the only question is whether he can be had for "next to nothing". If so, then sure.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
No. Just no. I'm all for thought exercises and contemplating the "what ifs", but this is a waste of time even by HF standards.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
People are willing to make a Desharnais for Ryder 1 for 1 trade? Wtf am I reading here...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I don't agree. If anything PAP has a better contract because he has an extra year left. Even if he did only have one year remaining, there would be a strong chance of him getting resigned by Bergy.

Ryder is a floater with a questionable attitude and is streaky as hell. When he isn't scoring(which is often now) he is completely useless and explains why he has been a healthy scratch lately.

How does Parenteau having a 4 mil cap hit next year make it a better deal?

If Parenteau was a UFA next summer(based on his play so far) he'd be lucky to get 2 or 3 years at 9 mil(3 mil AAV). I don't dislike the guy, but he runs hot and cold from game to game. Ideally he'd be getting 3rd line minutes.

Ryder is a similar player but with 4.5 mil less of cap room.

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
Hahaha Ryder? Really?

Outside of having an excellent shot, he embodies what we don't want.

No. Just no.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Would rather drink my own piss. Or trade Desharnais for him, 1v1.

Michelangelo

I've been hoping that for a few years now, or at least until he had his marbles strewn all over the floor by Bortuzzo...

Raphael

ain't gonna happen

Leonardo

I'm just posting here so I can see the crazy people who think this is a) a good idea and b) feasible.

Donatello

Shafters. :laugh:

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
How does Parenteau having a 4 mil cap hit next year make it a better deal?

If Parenteau was a UFA next summer(based on his play so far) he'd be lucky to get 2 or 3 years at 9 mil(3 mil AAV). I don't dislike the guy, but he runs hot and cold from game to game. Ideally he'd be getting 3rd line minutes.

Ryder is a similar player but with 4.5 mil less of cap room.

You want to trade PAP for a bum just because he is 1 million overpaid? Then next season you just blindly expect Andrighetto will be able replace his minutes.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hi Ohman,

You should go for one word name such us Ohman rather than Oh man.

Leonardo

You guys are relentless.

Raphael says hi.

raphaelturtle.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad