Proposal: Michael Ryder part III

Shawn2334

Jun 13, 2014
Do you think it's a possibility for Bergevin and Therrien to bring Ryder back for a 3rd time in MTL ? He's been a healthy scratch lately

Both guy's know him, he's a UFA at the end of the year. Low risk...medium reward ? I would offer Christian Thomas for him.

Thoughts ?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Do you think it's a possibility for Bergevin and Therrien to bring Ryder back for a 3rd time in MTL ? He's been a healthy scratch lately

Both guy's know him, he's a UFA at the end of the year. Low risk...medium reward ? I would offer Christian Thomas for him.

Thoughts ?

Why? Right now he wouldn't have a spot...not ahead of Gallagher Parenteau or Sekac on RW.

The only deal I would make is straight up for Parenteau...it would free up 500k this year and 4 mil next year.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
Why? Right now he wouldn't have a spot...not ahead of Gallagher Parenteau or Sekac on RW.

The only deal I would make is straight up for Parenteau...it would free up 500k this year and 4 mil next year.

No to Ryder. His game is a terrible fit for this team.

Even for Parenteau. I just don't see it helping the team.

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
Isn't Christian Thomas a shorter, faster Michael Ryder type player?

I think it really comes down to a decision by the management. Do you

a) Believe we can win the cup this year. This justifies rental players that would immediately upgrade this team. ( I don't think Ryder is that at this point in his career)

b) Don't think we can compete with other top teams in a 7 game series. Give time to younger players so we're a better team next year.

Hate to say it, but I go with b). We still depend on Carey Price too much, we've been blown out in losses, our powerplay is not good enough. With that said, I wouldn't make the trade. If we need a winger, I'd rather give up that time to one of the kids in Hamilton if it would further their development.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
**** Ryder, that is all. He's a passenger, people trashed Vanek and all but Ryder is so much worse... That ******* showed up once and it had to be the year the damn Bruins won the Cup.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
He'd still be on the team if Therrien didnt demote him after being shaked and baked by Ovechkin. Only forward that really clicked with Plekanec since.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
For the love of God, I do not understand the fascination with retreads around here

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006

There isn't much on the FA market in the summer so I don't see the point of saving 4 mil just to replace him with similar caliber forward or even risk not signing anyone and having a hole in the lineup.

Also Parenteau>Ryder

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'd move DD for him. And I wouldn't be very pleased by it. Beyond that, I don't think so.

He's been brutal this year, a deserving healthy scratch (as opposed to a guy like Sekac).

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
No to Ryder. His game is a terrible fit for this team.

Even for Parenteau. I just don't see it helping the team.

It would help by freeing up 4 mil of cap space for next year.

Isn't Christian Thomas a shorter, faster Michael Ryder type player?

I think it really comes down to a decision by the management. Do you

a) Believe we can win the cup this year. This justifies rental players that would immediately upgrade this team. ( I don't think Ryder is that at this point in his career)

b) Don't think we can compete with other top teams in a 7 game series. Give time to younger players so we're a better team next year.

Hate to say it, but I go with b). We still depend on Carey Price too much, we've been blown out in losses, our powerplay is not good enough. With that said, I wouldn't make the trade. If we need a winger, I'd rather give up that time to one of the kids in Hamilton if it would further their development.

You don't trade for Ryder unless he is better than Gallagher Parenteau or Sekac...or one of them is going the other way(Parenteau is the only option there...).

Parenteau-Ryder makes sense for cap reasons.

There isn't much on the FA market in the summer so I don't see the point of saving 4 mil just to replace him with similar caliber forward or even risk not signing anyone and having a hole in the lineup.

Also Parenteau>Ryder

Parenteau and Ryder are very similar players and Ryder has a much better contract.

Even if there are no good UFA's it frees up money for a top 4 d-man by trade. You can plus Andrighetto as your #2 or # RW next year and save 3 mil in cap space.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Trade for Ryder, sign AK and get Dagenais for the PP = Cup in hand while Bergevin panhandles for change

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Parenteau and Ryder are very similar players and Ryder has a much better contract.

Even if there are no good UFA's it frees up money for a top 4 d-man by trade. You can plus Andrighetto as your #2 or # RW next year and save 3 mil in cap space.

I don't agree. If anything PAP has a better contract because he has an extra year left. Even if he did only have one year remaining, there would be a strong chance of him getting resigned by Bergy.

Ryder is a floater with a questionable attitude and is streaky as hell. When he isn't scoring(which is often now) he is completely useless and explains why he has been a healthy scratch lately.

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com

Thoughts ?

That's actually a really good idea. He'd be the second line scorer we need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad