Confirmed with Link: Michael Rasmussen signs three year extension

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
This thread is strange.

Rasmussen is a lower end line-up guy, with a lower end contract.
Fair deal.

We all hope Rasmussen improves considering his original draft potential.

Every other part of the discussion is Semantics.
exactly . so many still whining about not drafting necas is what is happening here

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
2nd on our team in hits/60 behind Erne.
Show me a video where he knocks a guy down. End of the season DDK was knocking more guys down than anyone, which is how soft this team is.

Veleno is easily the hardest checker on this team, especially since I think Bert won't be as physical after his surgery.

Kinda depressing now that I think about it. I watched 3 seasons of a team with very little grit or skill.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I expect 20 goals and 150 PIMS from him this season. Faceoff percentage close to 50%.

Time to start pulling your own weight.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Show me a video where he knocks a guy down. End of the season DDK was knocking more guys down than anyone, which is how soft this team is.

Veleno is easily the hardest checker on this team, especially since I think Bert won't be as physical after his surgery.

Kinda depressing now that I think about it. I watched 3 seasons of a team with very little grit or skill.

There's a few in this video.

You are definitely wrong.

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
There is just one person being negative about every single thing. That same person would jump for joy if we signed Athanasiou to a 7x7 contract. So..

And the same person who threw his love at almost every single player who was dumped on the waiver wire last season. In particular I remember how he spend days trying to convince everyone that picking up Anthony DeAngelo was the best idea ever. Even if it didn't pan out there was no way he couldn't be traded at deadline because there was a neverending list of teams willing to trade for him giving up top draft choices to get this misunderstood genius.

Last edited:

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah that's a real neutral take.

Seider falls down sometimes when hitting too. Bet you're gonna have issues with that too.
He falls down a lot though, and if the best career highlights involve 2 replays of him getting tangled up with another player, what does that say? Compare that to Seider's season highlights.

I could put together a nicer highlight video for Joey in his first 5 games, and obviously Vrana in his 11 games.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Our 9th overall is doing pretty well. What 9th overalls should do.

2017 draft class:

- Rasmussen has 6th highest Ice-Time of 2017 drafted forwards. (You can add Heiskanen and Makar from defenceman side to this group and Ramussen is 8th)
- Rasmussen has 3 points in 6 games. Of 2017 1st rounders, he is 3rd best in points after Heiskanen and Robert Thomas and tied with Pettersson/Hischier/Necas. All have 0,5 points per game.
- Rasmussen is 52.1% at Faceoffs. There are 9 centers currently from 2017 draft class, and Rasmussen has best Faceoff percentage. Hischier is nearest with 50.7%-

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
Love that his face off % is getting better, that training from Luke looks like it's helped. He also looks more confident too.

Reactions: Filppula

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Ras was injured before season and we don't know how it is effecting his play this season. I like to see him be more physical

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I think it helps that Empty Netmestnikov is playing for a contract, he's done more this season than all of last season combined. When he goes to the net, he can actually score even with a goaltender in net, lol. It's funny because he always looks surprised when he scores.

If anything Raz would have more points if Erne gets a little more luck. He's had some good chances. While the 3rd line looks decent, I think Blash is gonna need to shuffle the lines to get the 2nd line going.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Ras was injured before season and we don't know how it is effecting his play this season. I like to see him be more physical
He's also had some pretty bad hits, during the season, that he's been able to shrug off up to this point.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

yeah, this has been the biggest hope for him, imo. At his size, if he learns and is willing to really put it to use, he'll be effective in some form in the lineup. So much comes from him just having a bit of bite to his game.

I think it helps that Empty Netmestnikov is playing for a contract, he's done more this season than all of last season combined. When he goes to the net, he can actually score even with a goaltender in net, lol. It's funny because he always looks surprised when he scores.

If anything Raz would have more points if Erne gets a little more luck. He's had some good chances. While the 3rd line looks decent, I think Blash is gonna need to shuffle the lines to get the 2nd line going.

I'd like to see Erne-Rasmussen-Zadina. With the second line, it seems like either Suter needs to get it going or we just gotta wait for Vrana to get back.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I'd like to see Erne-Rasmussen-Zadina. With the second line, it seems like either Suter needs to get it going or we just gotta wait for Vrana to get back.
That's a long ways out. Might just have to put Vlad as 2C, he can't do any worse than 0 pts -3.

Alex will figure something out, the only forwards without a point are Suter and Smith

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
yeah, this has been the biggest hope for him, imo. At his size, if he learns and is willing to really put it to use, he'll be effective in some form in the lineup. So much comes from him just having a bit of bite to his game.

I don’t think Rasmussen has earned a shot playing up the lineup at all. If anything, I think I’d like to see him bumped down a line.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
I've been impressed with his defensive play. The offense and the physical play will come as he matures and gains confidence.

Reactions: Winger98

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Who are you proposing to promote to the third line, Smith, Rowney, Stephens, or Gagner?

Given the roster, Raz is playing where he should be.

If you're asking what I'd do, I'd call Veleno up and give him a shot in the role. But at this point, I'd be willing to give Stephens or Gagner a shot over Rasmussen. Rasmussen has been good in his own end, but other than that one play last night, he's been pretty bad in the offensive zone. I'm not saying Stephens or Gagner would be better, but I'd at least give them a shot seeing how Rasmussen's struggled a bit.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He needs more snarl and get back to playing like he did last year. he doesnt look the same IMO.
if he cant get that snarl, man.. idk..

Angry Rasmussen is definitely the best version of him. I thought he played really solid the first couple games, had that game against the habs where he was brutal and then a couple of whatever games. The wings arent going anywhere fast so theres lots of time to see where he ends up before having to make a decision on him.

I sometimes watch him and think hes on his way to physically dominating games and then the next game I'll wonder why hes in the NHL almost lol, needs to find some consistency

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Angry Rasmussen is definitely the best version of him. I thought he played really solid the first couple games, had that game against the habs where he was brutal and then a couple of whatever games. The wings arent going anywhere fast so theres lots of time to see where he ends up before having to make a decision on him.

I sometimes watch him and think hes on his way to physically dominating games and then the next game I'll wonder why hes in the NHL almost lol, needs to find some consistency

That could be just natural thing for still a young player and maybe late developer. If you use too much of energy in one game, and you're still exhausted at next game. Better conditioning by years of career and hard work = consistency. These many times go hand-in-hand.

When you are young player and still building your body... get more muscle, then you have more muscle mass with will use more oxygen --> need better conditioning. It's very hard to build both at same time. One off-season can go to first one and another to second one. Then repeat same again, until you reach the balance. Then the player is at his prime.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
I think people underrating defensive ability of Rasmussen. His presence in the line-up gives Blashill somebody besides Larkin who can take on tough defensive assignments against top lines and gives Larkin more freedom to privude more offense - Larkin has currently Ozone% of 67%. Everybody who thinks Rasmussen is a 4th line winger (I made a mistake of listening to Winged Wheel podcast) are out to lunch.

Reactions: newfy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad