Injury Report: Michael Leighton, IR (broken index finger, right hand; practiced 2/25)

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
I'm not sure where we are with the contract limit, but what about claiming Joey MacDonald (DET) on waivers? I'd imagine he'd be an upgrade on Boosh at this point in his career.

His career numbers are bad. very bad
NHL totals
W 31
L 48
OTL 13

Not quite as good as MFL...:cry:

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
LMAO! Thanks for this thread and the laughs. LOLeighton strikes again! How did he get hurt? Did he actually make a save in practice and the shock on his soft tissue was just too overwhelming!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I remember Joey MacDonald best for beating him twice on two different teams in 2007

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Boucher doesn't instill much confidence in me ...Leighton is a complete joke but Boucher is close to irrelevency. He's the least dirty shirt....

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008
I'd like to see this team explore back up options. It seems everytime there are viable back-ups on the market or available through trade, the flyers either sign or trade for Boucher / Leighton. And it seems they do it because they are "good" guys.

Dan Ellis was available for a backup role (and potentially able to fill in if Bryz imploded), Ben Bishop is a young tender I like the look of, who went for cheap to Ottawa, and seems a filler until Lehner is ready for a starters gig there. Those are just two names that come to mind. I am certain many other examples exist.

Had Bryz started poorly like he did last season, or if he gets into a funk, It safe to say that with Boucher and Leighton as options 2-3, this team is ****ED!

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Just a thought, when Leighton is gone, who would you rather want Montoya or Mason?

Both are pretty bad actually:

Chris Mason used to be solid but this may be the third consecutive season where he puts up a SVP < 90%. He may end up unsigned next offseason.

Montoya has never been given a real shot and he has yet to play a full season in front of a solid defense. His experience level is low for a 28 year-old, even less NHL games played than Leighton at the same age.

I hope the Flyers can find a better solution for next season. Maybe sign a proven goalie out of Europe to a one year oneway deal or bring back Emery?!
Thomas Greiss of SJS will be an UFA as well and he may consider a location change...

Yukon Cornelius*

I'd be more than curious to see how Jeff Deslauriers would fare given half an opportunity and a solid "6" playing in front of him. He's now pretty expendable in Anaheim and the price tag is right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad