Injury Report: Michael Leighton, IR (broken index finger, right hand; practiced 2/25)

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
While I am not the biggest Michael Leighton fan, I am still appreciative of his time with us in 2010. I also think he is a hell of a company guy and probably not hurt, which allows Boosh to step in. I think Boosh is the better of two, but I wouldn't be surprised if we sign Esche (based on the Flyers lockout article) if Boosh sucks. Holmgren takes care of old Flyers. I hope Boosh plays well in his chance.

that would be funny. anyone else remember his like 51 save effort or something against the Sabers in the playoffs several years ago? i believe we ended up losing that game by a final score of like 2-1 or something but that was one of the best games i've ever seen a goalie play. i specifically remember a save he made with the knob of his stick on a 2 on 1 i believe. wow my memory is fuzzy

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I am pretty sure the jets lit up Boosh on Canes last yr, but it was auto loss with MFL, so this is positive news. Must win tomm in TO.

RJ8812*

Hopefully Boosh plays Winnipeg, gets a shutout, and we never see Leighton again. Then Boosh can retire and become a coach or something and we can sign someone competent or bring up Heeter or something.

bring up Heeter? the guy can barely keep up in the ECHL/AHL right now

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
I don't want to wear out Bryz but I seriously wouldn't mind if he played in both of the back-to-backs. He has shown he can handle a heavy workload in Phoenix so I figure why not? Whether it's Boosh or Leighton we will almost be guaranteed to lose.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
bring up Heeter? the guy can barely keep up in the ECHL/AHL right now

Eh, before he was sent down the the AHL, he had a few games where he looked better than both Boosh and Monroe. He was bringing his game around and then they demoted him.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Boosh will be ok. he's a fine backup goalie who handles the pressure well and does not mind being thrown in there over night. He does not have the consistency to carry a team but he can look decent for short stretches and he is a good guy in the locker room.

No need to panic!

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Boosh will be ok. he's a fine backup goalie who handles the pressure well and does not mind being thrown in there over night. He does not have the consistency to carry a team but he can look decent for short stretches and he is a good guy in the locker room.

No need to panic!

But heres the thing. He isnt a fine backup anymore. He was fine 3 years ago. Right now, he is barely fine in the AHL. Honestly, I dont even trust him during games here and there. We will have to win the games Bryz is playing because Boosh wont play like Bryz will (obviously)

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
The most notable guys left, I believe, are Andrew Raycroft, Ty Conklin, and Antero Nittymaki. I look at those three and don't see more than what we have now. Conklin's the only one I would lean towards of the three.

Niitty is in Finland if i'm not mistaken and is most likely set to retire cause of his hip problems.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
so if Leighton never plays another game Holmgren cant sign him to another 1 year deal can he? LOL
Back to back years possibilly playing one game :facepalm:

I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest. This organization has a baffling fixation on this guy.

We have the worst goalie depth in the league after Bryz.

Sadly, yes. Surprising? No.

flyingsouth

Jun 29, 2011
Sydney
Better off having him than Leighton. He may not be what he was, but he's still more likely to actually play well out of the two.

I miss Bob.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I'm not sure where we are with the contract limit, but what about claiming Joey MacDonald (DET) on waivers? I'd imagine he'd be an upgrade on Boosh at this point in his career.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
The guy has been stealing money from the team for the last 3 years, what is homer's infatuation with the guy? He's been trolling his own fanbase for the last 3 years with this guy, seriously why???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad