Michael Hutchinson

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Guys, Hutch still league the team in save percentage with a .925 and has a career .917.

Games like this will happen to every goalie.

Indeed, as is the case with Pav, we can't vilify Hutch on the basis of one game. Not my intent, just trying to call a spade a spade on the instance of being a spade. Will do same for Pav. In the case of both, an off game is not indicative of future returns necessarily.

White Out 403*

We would still have been smoked if we had Carey Price in net tonight.

Hutch has been good so far aside from the poor team effort tonight.

Guys, Hutch still league the team in save percentage with a .925 and has a career .917.

Games like this will happen to every goalie.

This is how you remove the noise from the actual important data and message. Over a large sample set, this is a rare stinker for Hutch. I would actually give Hutch the Leafs and Pavs the Senators coming up.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Games like this will happen to every goalie

Yes, we know......but he still sucked, and that's ok to say.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I think it's only ok to say that Pavelec sucks.

Not at all true. If any goalie has a bad game, there's nothing wrong with mentioning it. This was not Hutch's brightest moment. You always hope that a goalie can weather the storm until the skaters wake up: didn't happen last night.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Not at all true. If any goalie has a bad game, there's nothing wrong with mentioning it. This was not Hutch's brightest moment. You always hope that a goalie can weather the storm until the skaters wake up: didn't happen last night.

I think this year the responses to either goaltender have been quite good.
Both goailies have been really good up until last night for Hutch, but "stuff" happens.
My main concern is the number of odd man rushes we have given up.
Looking forward to the Leaf's game !

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
I think it's only ok to say that Pavelec sucks.

Pavlec has sucked worse for longer and is paid like a quality starter. Your backup not being a quality NHL starter isn’t a big issue, but if your starter isn’t that is an issue.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
CSx70rsWsAEgmDM.png

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Thanks Garrett - if both goalies continue to track like that, they'll be the least of our worries.

Edit: That's crazy. Except for the goal from near the dot, they were literally right on top of him when they potted the goals.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Pavlec has sucked worse for longer and is paid like a quality starter. Your backup not being a quality NHL starter isn’t a big issue, but if your starter isn’t that is an issue.

First off, Pavs pay rate means absolutely nothing when assessing the performance of your goalie. Stats and overall performances of a player does not pro rate its self in accordance to salary.

Secondly, If you are hooked on pay rates, Pavs is paid average, compared to the league starters, and less so compared to the quality starters in this league.

Thirdly, whatever goalie is starting for your team on any particular day, backup or starter, they must perform like a starter. If Hutch plans of getting 30 plus games this year, it would be a VERY BIG ISSUE if the majority of those games he performed below average in.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Thanks Garrett - if both goalies continue to track like that, they'll be the least of our worries.

Edit: That's crazy. Except for the goal from near the dot, they were literally right on top of him when they potted the goals.

Normally you'd expect 1 of those 7 Hutch had from there to be goals. He allowed 3.

So he was worse than what you'd expect, but that's a tough game.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
One comment I have to say is how crazy the location for Hutch's GA last game were:
CSxTrT2UcAA2Jr3.png

What doesn't show is how many of those close in goals were scored by a Montreal player who was unmolested by any Jet player.

That was such a complete team effort cluster **** last night that it is ridiculous to single out any player.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
What doesn't show is how many of those close in goals were scored by a Montreal player who was unmolested by any Jet player.

That was such a complete team effort cluster **** last night that it is ridiculous to single out any player.

I think Hutch is really only getting singled out because this is the Hutch thread. There was multiple singling outs in the PGT.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think Hutch is really only getting singled out because this is the Hutch thread. There was multiple singling outs in the PGT.

Good point but even in the Hutch thread it doesn't make sense. He was so hung out to dry on most of those goals that no goalie was going to keep most of them out. That game was just so indescribably bad that ..... that ...... that ...... okay, I surrender, there are no words. If this site wasn't already anonymous I would be wearing a paper bag over my head.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It was abnormally bad for the Jets, that was for sure.

I suppose someone could make a case that if Hutch had made spectacular saves of those first 2 goals the rest of the team might have wakened up in time to recover. That is something you hope for from your goalie when you start badly. That probably makes about as much sense though as arguing that, bad as he was Hutch was still better than the rest of those bums.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
WAR-on-ice.com has in-game stat trackers.

It refreshes as the game goes, so you could never go back and get the one above that I did.

I just so happen to take a screen shot at the time the switch occurred for my own curiosity.

As I was checking for your reply, I noticed the web address on the bottom...whoops. Thanks for the response though, I'm going to be all over these next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad