Player Discussion Michael Haley (LW)

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Meh signing with $200k guaranteed in the AHL to mentor the kids there. He is a pugilist a la Sabu (not very intimidating but willing and ready to come at teammate's aid). Fought both Gudbransson and Stone Cold Austin Watson in his career. Is there a DJ connection here too?

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
34 y/o ... another mentor for our young players.

We are going to have a lineup full of mentors before you know it

Reactions: Cosmix

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
Meh signing with $200k guaranteed in the AHL to mentor the kids there. He is a pugilist a la Sabu (not very intimidating but willing and ready to come at teammate's aid). Fought both Gudbransson and Stone Cold Austin Watson in his career. Is there a DJ connection here too?

Dont think so maybe UND ?

Reactions: Bileur

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
He was on my list of guys I thought the Sens would sign.

He's played for Capuano every where he's coached - NYI, Florida and now here.

He'll be on the NHL roster.

Reactions: Hale The Villain

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Brad Marchand without the skill

This guy has major balls though

I like it for the B-Sens. I don't mind if he plays a few games in the NHL but hopefully not too many (that means we'd be relatively healthy?)

Seriously, the rich gets richer

Last edited:

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
I don’t mind this at all. It’s supposed to be a very busy schedule so we need extra body. He can hit and protect the young player and fits in the new style of play of GMPD

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Goon Squad!!!! Good identity signing who will likely spend the majority of the season in Belleville.

Reactions: aragorn

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Hopefully a decent guy for Belleville.

I kinda liked Darren Archibald in that role but Haley should be good, even if he gets a callup.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Does he actually spell his name Micheal instead of Michael? Not sure ive seen that one before. Im gonna call him Mike. And seems he can punch with both hands. And he likes it, Mikey likes it.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Now that is an odd signing in that he's 34 years old. Hard to imagine this guy has anything left in the tank. There wasn't much there to begin with and now he's aged out of the sport. On brand though given how we let our coaches dictate personel decisions, which has just been an awful policy but for some reason is continuing.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Now that is an odd signing in that he's 34 years old. Hard to imagine this guy has anything left in the tank. There wasn't much there to begin with and now he's aged out of the sport. On brand though given how we let our coaches dictate personel decisions, which has just been an awful policy but for some reason is continuing.

The GM needs help. Having the coaches help is cheaper than hiring a President. :)

Reactions: DrEasy and derriko

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd like to hear the conversations between Capuano, Smith and Dorion on why we need this guy and where they see him fitting.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
His AHL salary is very high for a reason. He will be in the AHL. Does that mean he’ll never see one nhl game, who knows.

I will agree with your "who knows" final conclusion... hence my post .. what's their plan.. I think there is just as much chance we see him as a 13 forward that gets in 25-35% of the games. But who knows . Maybe the coaches and Dorion have discussed this very thing.

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
He's a somewhat productive AHLer, and I'm hoping thats where he spends most of his time. I'd hope he's 13th/14th/15th or something in games played amongst fwds.

Reactions: Icelevel

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
From a week ago. The Haley interview takes place at 38:52. It sounds like he is happy to keep playing pro hockey. He had thought about retiring because of his injury last year but feels good and wants to keep playing. From this interview it sounds like he would be content playing in the AHL. He seems like a solid veteran and could help a lot of the young guys in Belleville out in learning to take on their roles and taking pride in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad