Michael Grabner

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
The international rink size really helps the faster skaters. I've played on international rink sizes before-and there's a BIG difference, specifically among gap control during breakouts (which is where the faster players thrive). With that said Grabner should be doing better with the Isles this year.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
On a serious note, I believe Grabner can and will score again and i'm not talking 12-16. There's still 22 games left in the season... whose to say what he finishes with? It is likely he will fall in that range this year but 11 Goals in 22 games is not unheard of. That would put him at 20 for the season. Regardless, based on the amount of opportunities alone he should be a 20+ Guy, no ifs ands or buts.

The TOI is definitely significant as well and can't be overlooked. He definitely has value and the frustrating part about it is that I wouldn't be surprised to see him evolve into a force on another team. Historically the Isles have shipped off struggling players only to see them become threats in other cities. History does repeat itself.

If Grabner is going to stick around on the Island I feel that the organization should have him do a specialized routine in the offseason to cater to the areas he can improve in. Ie: Stick Handling, Fast Break opportunities, Shot Accuracy, etc. Although his performance vs.Finland would indicate he's just fine in that area. Look at how those goals were scored, he hurts into the slot and gets a beautiful feed, which rarely ever happens when he's sporting orange and blue. Points to coaching and linemates!

Last edited:

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna
too bad he didnt get the hattrick. had several great missed opportunities (keywords: partial breakaways) in the game.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Shame he can't do it for the Islanders

Let's pretend his 34 or 36 goal season never happened.:sarcasm:

There have been several LA fans proposing MG to LA.
Darth posted a Staple report that the isles have no interest in moving him.

It would be foolish to move him.

The isles have to move Vanek, so why taker a potential Vanek buyer off the market? And with no Moulson or Vanek, Grabs will become the isles most established scorer.

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
1389986480370-eis.jpg

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
You watching Cappy ?
Somebody fire this poison pill.

I am hoping Cappy gets booted at the end of the season.

My worry is the isles get hot the last 20 or meaningless games and Snow uses that as an excuse to keep him.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
YOu do know why Grabs is not scoring for us right?

Capp isn't using him in that much offensive play. He needs to be on with playmakers.

OpAck

Feb 19, 2004
Wilmington, NC
YOu do know why Grabs is not scoring for us right?

Capp isn't using him in that much offensive play. He needs to be on with playmakers.

Peter Regin and Cal Clutterbuck are offensive dynamos and were perfect linemates for Grabner...lol.

I haven't forgotten, earlier this season, when Cappy proclaimed that he was going to put his top players on the same line and keep them together in the hopes that they build chemistry together. That was Okposo-Tavares-Grabner and that "experiment" lasted all of about a game and a half. Grabner ended up getting suspended for the Gerbe hit, and by the time he returned, he was back with Regin.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Am I the only one who hates grabner right now? He's beasting. He even scored on a breakaway wtf.

He better be wearing the Austria jersey in his isles jersey when he gets back.

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
He will probably get back to LI, and show up again. Too bad the team plays well in meaningless games. This season is making me think the only reason we made the playoffs last year was because we missed the months of november and december.

Snapshotgoal

Feb 17, 2013
Tampa FL
Don't blame Grabner, blame Capuano on how he uses him. Capuano should take some coaching notes and play him with our skill players and maybe use him on powerplays. The guy plays hard every game, not like Bailey who loafs game in game out.

Fire Capppy now!

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
He will probably get back to LI, and show up again. Too bad the team plays well in meaningless games. This season is making me think the only reason we made the playoffs last year was because we missed the months of november and december.

I think the fact we were relatively injury free last season helped, fact is this team has no depth to cover major(and in some cases minor) injuries, especially in the backend.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Grabner should be used in more offensive situations but Cappy does not use jedi mind tricks when Grabner is on a breakaway...

Its easey to blame Cappy but Grabs is absolute garbage on breakaways...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad