Rumor: Michael Frolik has Habs listed as top destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Speaking as a Jets fan who really wanted him extended you guys will love him. When we got him from Chicago 2 years ago in a trade the Hawks fans didn't have a negative thing to say about him and the most common comment was about how he never takes a shift off. Well as a Jets fan I can tell you after two seasons with us the streak is in tact and he still hasn't taken a shift off. He can put up 40 points but what he does best is tilt the ice heavily. He is an advanced stats darling. He is a zero maintenance date as well. He played up and down our top 3 lines and always made the guys on his line better.

If you get him you will be happy.

I get the concern on cash I would have been more than fine with 4 or 5 x $4.75 which would have been a mild overpayment but something I would have been comfortable with.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Wait wait, didn't you guys all saying players don't want to come here because of MT... lol specially after the great Sekac got traded..

First Petry, resigning, UFA Mike Rielly thought about joning Mtl, Kessel listed Mtl as one of 8 teams he would go to, and now Frolik wanting to come here...

I believe Dudley and Bergevin were both with the Hawks when Frolik was there, so they should know him better well..

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
:scared: Frolik :scared:

I've mentioned it before i'd love him to sign here. Take a discount Micheal, prove you want to play here.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Props to Bergevin and Molson for making this team a desirable place to play nowadays.

I'm not sold on Frolik, it really depends on the terms. Jets fans sure seem to like him a lot, maybe there's something I'm missing here.

Wait wait, didn't you guys all saying players don't want to come here because of MT... lol specially after the great Sekac got traded..

That's pure gibberish created by the circle jerk. Players like Petry wouldn't be resigning here if Therrien was as evil as they say.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
You guys are bat**** crazy. Stop going for the overpaid UFA. This guy will want north of 5. North of 4 is too much for him. It's the exact reason why were not winning anything.

LA, Boston, Chicago and all the cup winning teams have no addition like that. Just don't do it.

I'd go 4.25 x 5.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
And doesn't mean that Habs have room on the cap.

Frolik would be as good a buy as any. 40-50 points is an improvement on PAP for sure.

Personally, I don't expect it to happen.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
You guys are bat**** crazy. Stop going for the overpaid UFA. This guy will want north of 5. North of 4 is too much for him. It's the exact reason why were not winning anything.

LA, Boston, Chicago and all the cup winning teams have no addition like that. Just don't do it.

Adding Frolik would be an upgrade. As a contending team, you should always be looking for upgrades.

I agree the $ figure can be concerning. As I said earlier, around 4M would be fine by me. But I absolutely expect some team to go North of 5M.

mtlhockeyfan

Dec 30, 2009

Belleskey will be overpaid UFA. Frolik is a proven yearly 40-50 point guy. $4-5 million per year is the going rate.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Im all for getting Frolik, again if the price is right.....

Looking at the UFA pool he has to be considered one of the best ones available in terms of a player who can help a team in the scoring department. But let's not kid ourselves, knowing all this, I think it is safe to assume that a bidding war will occur for his services.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal

LA: was paying Mike Richards 5.75 per.

Boston: Chris Kelly at 3.0

Chicago: Bickell at 4.0

There are mistakes everywhere. It all depends on fit and circumstance.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Frolik is the best UFA option.

Now if he wants to play here enough, hopefully he doesn't try to shoot for the fences salary-wise

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Here is a pretty good look under the hood of the car on Fro in a post season recap

http://jetsnation.ca/2015/6/1/winnipeg-jets-by-the-numbers-michael-frolik-2014-2015

Interesting :

Michael Frolik is a very good player. He's worth a pretty penny, and a lot of pennies more than Drew Stafford. While high scoring players are sexy, it's only one part of the game and does not display a players overall impact. Historically speaking a player like Frolik gets paid around 4.7 AAV, while in contrast a player like Stafford gets paid around 3.3 AAV.

Hopefully the Jets get Frolik signed as he is a very helpful player and should be playing around his prime level for another five to six years.

However, if they cannot, the Jets had a player who performed quite similarly after adjusting for usage and linemates in Alexander Burmistrov... maybe there is a replacement available.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
A lot of Czechs train in Montreal in the summer. Havlat used to have an house here. Remember how Sekac was happy to train with his compatriots last summer? :)

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Speaking as a Jets fan who really wanted him extended you guys will love him. When we got him from Chicago 2 years ago in a trade the Hawks fans didn't have a negative thing to say about him and the most common comment was about how he never takes a shift off. Well as a Jets fan I can tell you after two seasons with us the streak is in tact and he still hasn't taken a shift off. He can put up 40 points but what he does best is tilt the ice heavily. He is an advanced stats darling. He is a zero maintenance date as well. He played up and down our top 3 lines and always made the guys on his line better.

If you get him you will be happy.

I get the concern on cash I would have been more than fine with 4 or 5 x $4.75 which would have been a mild overpayment but something I would have been comfortable with.

The problem is that we don't need more "doesn't take a shift off" kind of guy... We need scoring and talent.

Or Mike Freakin' Richards.
I'd do Richards for a bottom 6 role at south of 3. We've been needing someone to take the load off Plek for a while.
I'd go 4.25 x 5.

4.25 is a bit too much, but I'd still do it... More than that though, it kills us.

Adding Frolik would be an upgrade. As a contending team, you should always be looking for upgrades.

I agree the $ figure can be concerning. As I said earlier, around 4M would be fine by me. But I absolutely expect some team to go North of 5M.

An upgrade for sure, but he ties us up for 4-5 years and we end up with a similar situation to Parenteau when he doesn't fit anymore. Signing UFAs for 4M + Usually doesn't end up well. I can make a list of a thousand names that didn't pan out as expected, and a lot of them are from the Habs... Didn't we learn our lesson with the Gionta, Briere, Cammaleri fiasco ?

Belleskey will be overpaid UFA. Frolik is a proven yearly 40-50 point guy. $4-5 million per year is the going rate.

And it's just what I'm saying. Don't buy on the UFA market unless it's for cheap, Frolik won't be cheap.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

First Petry, resigning, UFA Mike Rielly thought about joning Mtl, Kessel listed Mtl as one of 8 teams he would go to, and now Frolik wanting to come here...

I believe Dudley and Bergevin were both with the Hawks when Frolik was there, so they should know him better well..

Frolik must of missed Sekac's ad in the Kladno Daily warning all UFA's to stay away from Montreal

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Assuming (hopefully I am wrong) Galchenyuk stays at LW:

Galchenyuk-Eller-Frolik - looks like a pretty good 2nd line to me.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I think the addition of Frolik for a good number and a guy like Richards on a prove me your worth deal + our rookies would greatly help us.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Frolik would be a great add imo. Much better than Beleskey although I'd take both if they were on good contracts. Plus, they'd have to shed someone to get them both in and Galchenyuk which would hopefully be Gilbert or Desharnais!

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
this would make me sooooooooooooooooooooooo happy, hes my #1 target

i think hes gonna ask for 5 - 5.25M tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad