Player Discussion Michael Del Zotto signs 2 year contract with Ottawa, $2M AAV

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
A lot of older guys say the same things. He's a damned hard coach, and it's hard to play for him, but when they look back, he did a lot to make them the best players they could be.

Kinda interesting to hear the "soft and entitled" comments, too.

having just listened to this clip, my thoughts on it are: is MDZ the only active player to call out Laine for being lazy?

like, we all know he has that reputation, but, has any other teammate or ex-teammate ever just straight up said he was lazy and entitled? Thats pretty big heat I'd think.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
having just listened to this clip, my thoughts on it are: is MDZ the only active player to call out Laine for being lazy?

like, we all know he has that reputation, but, has any other teammate or ex-teammate ever just straight up said he was lazy and entitled? Thats pretty big heat I'd think.

It is. I'm surprised he called out a specific player on it, as well. That's quite taboo for an active player to do that. Perhaps that's one of the reasons he isn't in Columbus right now (and as Miklebot says, that interview is a couple years old).

Kinda funny, I thought the same of MDZ (as a lazy entitled little shit) in his Ranger days. Oh well.....

Reactions: bashbros32

atmx093

STUDzle
Jul 2, 2014
Gatineau
I'd prefer he didn't make those mistakes in the first place but ok.

Can't imagine Eugene was screaming "GET ME DEL ZOTTO" into the phone last summer.
He actually told Pierre "GET ME THE RISOTTO".

Same thing happened with Karlsson. Euge just said to Pierre "LET'S TRADE CARS, SON".

A lot of mistakes happened on this team because of communication issues, and I think Pierre just got himself some hearing aids.

Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Good savings . Dead cap is building up but it’s better than having these guys play on this team for more than they are worth

Reactions: Cosmix

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Saves 1.5m in real dollars this year

No, you're looking at AAV

And I was obviously talking overall, 750 000$ cost each of the following 2 years, which means a 500 000$ saving in total

SEASONCOSTCAP HIT
2022-23$750,000$500,000
2023-24$750,000$750,000

And if we're that desperate with the internal budget this year... what is it going to be in the future? Rebuild as soon as all the good players become expensive? Rinse and repeat? :laugh:

Reactions: Cosmix

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
No, you're looking at AAV

And I was obviously talking overall, 750 000$ cost each of the following 2 years, which means a 500 000$ saving in total

SEASONCOSTCAP HIT
2022-23$750,000$500,000
2023-24$750,000$750,000

And if we're that desperate with the internal budget this year... what is it going to be in the future? Rebuild as soon as all the good players become expensive? Rinse and repeat? :laugh:
The Senators are getting rid of all the crap. And the cost of all these buyouts is less than what White would have cost this year and next.
Also going forward the Sens are in great shape. 3 of the top 6 players are signed for the next 5 years plus at good deals. Norris and Jimmy should follow suit and accept relatively team friendly deals. And I think Debrincat will love it in Ottawa and sign a reasonable long term deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad