Player Discussion Michael Chaput - Shampoo At Your Service Edition (Traded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Makes me wonder if Chaput and Peca were really better than Pleks in the 4th C role. Hopefully Nate Thompson is better than them all. If he is, I'm surprised we got him so cheap.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They already called up Martineau and Adams-Moisan (our ECHL depth that was signed by Laval at the start of the year), plus signed Alex Kile to a PTO.

They just added Marc-Olivier Roy, 24 years old former Oilers 2nd rounder, on a PTO. He's a scorer at the ECHL level (0.93 PPG), but was never able to stick in the AHL (30 pts in 90 games, but only 10 in his last 48 games spanning 3 years).

If Chaput gets claimed, their PO hopes are pretty much dead.

Small consolation -- next year should be better with several prospects likely to be added. Kind of unfortunate for this year.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Makes me wonder if Chaput and Peca were really better than Pleks in the 4th C role. Hopefully Nate Thompson is better than them all. If he is, I'm surprised we got him so cheap.

It was such a small price to pay that it's literally worth finding out.

Jul 6, 2016

Kings have to clean up their house.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
@Runner77

It's certainly possible I'm wrong. I received a notification from The Score app while I was working. It's possible it said he was put on waivers. My bad. :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
@Runner77

It's certainly possible I'm wrong. The received a notification from The Score app while I was working. It's possible it said he was put on waivers. My bad. :laugh:

All good. Rocket fans would have been happy, tho.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Not seeing it on Twitter. :dunno:

Didn't they just put him on waivers today?

Normally we find out 24 hours after being waived.

It was pretty obvious he was the one who had to go, Even hudon is playing a bit better these days.. Chaput brought nothing as far as im concerned, was worse than Agostino in my eyes

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It was pretty obvious he was the one who had to go, Even hudon is playing a bit better these days.. Chaput brought nothing as far as im concerned, was worse than Agostino in my eyes

He was the worst one of all the 4th liners. I always wondered why Chaput was in the line-up over Peca. I felt Peca contributed more offensively. And it's not like Chaput was any much better defensively, either. Other than face-offs, I don't see what Chaput offered what Peca didn't.

When Chaput was first called up and CJ put he, D'Lo, and Eyebrowstino together, they looked good. We were even saying that finally, the fourth line has an identity. We know that didn't last.

We shouldn't proclaim anything even with Weise and Thompson. We should keep in mind that if they do look real good at first, the goal is for them to be consistent with it. But I do have more faith in Thompson and Weise as they're vets with a lot of NHL experience, as opposed to Chaput and Agostino.

That's 1153 NHL games vs. 226 NHL games.

Reactions: Redux91

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Finally some offensive help in Laval. Wonder about Frk in Montreal.....used to love the guy.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Finally some offensive help in Laval. Wonder about Frk in Montreal.....used to love the guy.
A while ago I would have been on board with at least trying it. He's at 300+ pro games now though and his ship seams to have sailed . He's a good producer at the AHL level so I guess he could be brought to Laval and be of some use to us.

Jul 6, 2016
Coach Bouchard must be happy to have a vet back with his team in Laval. They need any help they can up front.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
He's got great jam. A real gamer. He's a good call up if needed. Nice to finally have a tiny bit of forward depth in the AHL after DLR, Scherbak and Agostino were all claimed.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
He's got great jam. A real gamer. He's a good call up if needed. Nice to finally have a tiny bit of forward depth in the AHL after DLR, Scherbak and Agostino were all claimed.
Yeah, he is depth in case of an injury. I don’t think he is a full time nhler but can be useful in a pinch. The 4th is a lot better with Weise and Thompson.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I never thought there would be another post in this thread, this season. :sarcasm:

IcXJlBv.jpg

6aZm4lb.jpg

vBBF1bN.gif

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
With Chablows and Captain Eyebrows gone, who will turnover the puck in our own end? Can Leks and Danault handle the turnovers all to themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad