Player Discussion Michael Chaput - Shampoo At Your Service Edition (Traded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Agreed not a biggy. But I do think DLR's poor face off play means he will end up being a 4th-line winger.

But his defensive awareness and skating abilities are still making him a valuable bottom-line centerman. His positioning on the ice is pretty good. Faceoffs skills can be learned.

Reactions: montreal

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well I just asked now to clear this up on the Wings board. It looked to me when the Habs played the Wings that he played on the wing, and that is where he plays, according to the Red Wings fans. So I think DLR is a 4th-line winger, not a 4th-line C.

DLR is all over the place. 3C, 4C, 4th line winger, sitting and watching.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
There's not a single team in the league that doesn't do that. And with good reason. There are lots of ways of acquiring players. You are fetishizing the draft. Why refuse to play better players simply because you didn't draft them? Makes no sense, which is why no NHL team does it. Every year you are proven wrong by the team that wins the Cup.

And that is absolutely not why the Habs have been pretty bad for the last 20-30 years.

We have only 4 players who were there to start the 2015-2016 season 3 years ago (Gallagher, Byron, Petry and Price). All others players were not there to start the 2015-2016 season. I did not check but i don't think all teams make as many changes as we do. That's basically a whole new team in the span of 3 years.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I wasn't aware of McCarron's injury status, so yes it absolutely makes sense to let him be.

What I'm wondering is why Chaput is still with the club. I understand that he impressed somewhat in the pre-season and then apparently did enough to earn a call-up, but I don't see any consistency or improvement in his play. Yes, he's a 4th liner however, he should at least be in damage-control if he's not going to produce offensively. Instead of that, we've seen several untimely brain cramps and foul-ups in the Habs's zone. Why are the Habs so patient with him?

CJ goes with players he trusts, haven't been watching too many games but that's what I would guess.

I prefer Chaput to DLR. His advanced stats were pretty good last I checked. Plus he's an actual center.

But regardless of preference, it's not a big concern either way.

I don't follow advanced stats, but the point is more about the future, since I don't see this team going very far this year. Chaput isn't likely to get much better but DLR at 23 and now that he's not getting yo-yoed perhaps he gets better which if so would be better for us down the road.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Nice mitts in the skills competition.

While I'm happy with the 4th line now, if we're fully healthy, I would like to see which line is better:

Agostino-Chaput-Dlo

vs.

Hudon-Chaput-Shaw
This line is somewhat similar to the Bournival-Briere-Weise line that was successful in the playoffs. Hudon's game is similar to an old, slow, but still crafty Briere, Shaw to Weise, and Chaput to Bournival.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
RIP. Will teams keep on jumping on our depth. We wouldn't really have call-ups on offense if he were to get claimed. You would be claiming another year of contract with him though, that might help to pass through waivers. I don't think he gets claimed.

Jul 6, 2016
Buh byyyyyyyye. Hopefully he never plays another game for the Canadiens. Just awful.

Chaput can still help on LW.... But Habs don't need him.

So we could see soon a Lehkonen-Thompson-Weise 4th line....
OR
a Deslauriers-Thompson-Weise line

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
yvd6scY.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad