Trade: [MIA/HOU] Laremy Tunsil and Kenny Stills to HOU for Two 1st rounders, 2nd rounder, 2 players

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I would fill as many holes as we can in next years draft, and do whatever needs to be done to land Lawrence the season after next. IMO, he is the best QB prospect since Peyton.

They said the same things about Luck and while he was good, he never reached the heights that he should have based off potential and expectations.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
They said the same things about Luck and while he was good, he never reached the heights that he should have based off potential and expectations.
I have no idea why Watson didn't get insane hype(comparable to Luck/Newton/Winston) and somehow got Trubisky hyped over him despite literally being a better QB in every way and lighting it up in both NC games with 400+ passing yards each against Alabama who has the closest thing to an NFL defense every year. Its like people forget there is more to QB than being "6'3 215 lbs with an enormous arm" somehow making you a godlike prospect even though you have guys like Watson show insane accuracy and touche on his throws which matter a hell of a lot more than "looking" like a QB.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I have no idea why Watson didn't get insane hype(comparable to Luck/Newton/Winston) and somehow got Trubisky hyped over him despite literally being a better QB in every way and lighting it up in both NC games with 400+ passing yards each against Alabama who has the closest thing to an NFL defense every year. Its like people forget there is more to QB than being "6'3 215 lbs with an enormous arm" somehow making you a godlike prospect even though you have guys like Watson show insane accuracy and touche on his throws which matter a hell of a lot more than "looking" like a QB.

Agree 100%, I would have picked him over Trubisky in a heartbeat.

Even with regards too Luck, I never really believed in the hype.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Watson had a 67% completion percentage on just 7.9 y/a and turned had 17 picks. and as you note, his arm strength was questioned. He was not on the same level as an Andrew Luck or Cam Newton as a prospect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad