Trade: [MIA/HOU] Laremy Tunsil and Kenny Stills to HOU for Two 1st rounders, 2nd rounder, 2 players

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
OK, now it makes sense for MIA, especially if they are fully unprotected (which it should be considering NFL trades rarely have protection).
Picks are never protected in the NFL. Houston ended up parting with the 4th pick the following year after swapping picks with Cleveland to land Watson. Cleveland took the corner from Ohio State.

Wow, Houston going all in.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I like this for Houston -- GMs need to be more ballsy. There should be an extension in place.

Obviously this is a kneejerk reaction to the Luck deal though.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bill O'Brien ensuring his job security, because no one will want to come into an organization that's without their next 2 1st round picks

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Getting very different signals from this and the Clowney deal. If you’re gonna go all in, why not play hard ball with Clowney?

Reactions: CanesInducedComa

TomP24684

Je m’appelle Tom
May 18, 2019
Is Tunsil the guy from that weird draft incident with like his stepdad trying to sewer his value or something?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Getting very different signals from this and the Clowney deal. If you’re gonna go all in, why not play hard ball with Clowney?
Give and take. The Texans need to invest in offensive linemen and they need to do that right now. A huge contract given to Clowney would prevent them from doing that.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia

I don't think trading for a player who could realistically spend the next decade with the organization is going "all in". Going all in would be trading for Joe Staley or something.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
First of all, who cares if Miami players revolt? Cut them all and start fresh, they are trash.

Second of all, Houston is crazy. They're going to be average at best even with this trade and they gave up two 1sts and a 2nd to make it? If Miami has a competent GM in house, this trade could be franchise altering.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don't think trading for a player who could realistically spend the next decade with the organization is going "all in". Going all in would be trading for Joe Staley or something.

Its moreso BoB going all in to try and save his ass for a bit longer. I’m ecstatic to get Tunsil but it’s been a confusing day as a Texans’ fan.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With Josh Rosen, unless they feel he's hideous, I don't think the Dolphins will be looking for a QB in the next draft. They have enough picks to target whoever they want though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad