Metro Division Parity.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
The thing we gotta figure out is when Washington is gonna take off. They usually do it around Christmas

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
And the Islanders are on a 5 game winning streak. Ebbs and flows. Right now everything looks great, I will wait til at least February before I get excited.

My point being, the teams like Washington and Pitt haven't really been playing their best and they still hanging around

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
My point being, the teams like Washington and Pitt haven't really been playing their best and they still hanging around

Yeah, I'm actually in agreement. Meaning we are at a high. Washington and Pittsburgh I wouldn't say are on a low by any stretch. They will get hot at some point and the Islanders will cool down.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

At some point or another I expect both the Penguins and Caps to get hot.

The only team that seems to be out of the race is philly, I can see any of the other 7 teams winning the division.

Reactions: MattBarzal

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I’m not convinced Washington or Pitt are going to go on mega runs either though. At least not both of them.

I’m not as big a fan of their lineups this year compared to past years.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
The Rangers at the moment are a true wildcard team. Are they more like the 1st 10 games or more like the last 10 games? Who knows.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Rangers at the moment are a true wildcard team. Are they more like the 1st 10 games or more like the last 10 games? Who knows.

Most likely somewhere in the middle, which is still outside looking in with the Metro right now.

Being 6th in this division is going to be a hard pill to swallow as you are most likely looking at a playoffless 96-95 point season.

Reactions: MattBarzal

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Yeah, I'm actually in agreement. Meaning we are at a high. Washington and Pittsburgh I wouldn't say are on a low by any stretch. They will get hot at some point and the Islanders will cool down.

The Islanders have played the least home games in the Metro (where they have been dominant). They also have played the second most games against the West, and the least (3) amount of games against the Atlantic. 21 of the 24 games they have played have either been against the West or Metro teams. That means everyone they are jockeying with still has to go through a Western swing and still has to play a bunch of Metro teams.

They beat StLouis, Tampa and Nashville in their own buildings. Their only two losses at home were StL in a SO and Edmonton in OT (a game they dominated).

Last edited:

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Islanders in 2014/15- 101 Points
Islanders in 2015/16 - 100 points
Islanders in 2016/17- 94 points (40 games under Weight 107 point pace)

This season on pace for 109 points

Other than a 42 game blip under Capuano before he was finally fired, this has been a 100+ point team the last 3+ years. 40 games under Weight is not a small sample.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

Jackets haven’t played their best either. Only 6 power play goals all season and 2 shorthanded goals against . Yep. A net 4 power play goals 25 games into the season.

Surviving on bobvrosky and their 8-0-1 OT/SO record.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Did someone say Metro Division party??

giphy.gif

Playoff teams only...sorry...

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Did i read correctly that the Isles have the best record overall since the January coaching change to Weight?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I’m not convinced Washington or Pitt are going to go on mega runs either though. At least not both of them.

The Caps had a big roster turnover and the Pens may be drained from playing 200 games the last 2 years. I'm not anywhere near convinced either will ever get hot this year

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
its gonna come down to the wire, i expect Devils to cool down a bit and be overtaken by both WSH & PITT.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Might not, but most teams have an annual schedule structure that creates certain dynamics. The Caps building often puts them on the road a lot early and in March. Holtby has shown thru his career that he is a slow starter. Ovechkin gets hot mid season almost every season. There's no guarantee, but should these players hold to their past pattern...Meanwhile Trotz appears to have a season lost game plan that starts with long looks at new players and system changes. Last season it was 20 plus games of rookie Zach Sanford. This season 20 plus games of Ov and Kuznetsov together even though it wasn't going that well. Plus 2 rookie defensemen. Trotz turned the key by switching 8 back to Backstrom and the team lit right up a week ago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad