Pre-Game Talk: Metro Division Final: (2) Rangers vs. (1) Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I'll be at a charity event at my school tomorrow, so won't watch the game. I'll DVR it and watch it while knowing that we hopefully won.

I have a good feeling about this series.

Last edited:

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Prepare the penalty kill!

This.^^ We'll be in the box most of the time no matter what we do, no matter how disciplined. Refs wearing Pens logo. I am dreading this series. I'll need a lot of liquor to get through this one, maybe even some Valiums.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I'll be at a charity event at my school tomorrow, so won't watch the game. I'll DVR it and watch it while that we hopefully won.

I have a good feeling about this series.

I hope you are right. I don't feel good but I'm going with my negativity because I was awfully confident we'd dispose of the Flyers in game 6 and I thought for sure the Flyers would take game 7. I'll keep being negative. :)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Comparing Fleury's save percentage in the playoffs over his career to his regular season save percentage in his career is beyond silly. People that call him a choker point to the last 2 years. People realize he was an adequate goalie in the playoffs in 2008 and 2009, neither is relevant now.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
After watching the goals Rask and Price have given up tonight, I feel even that much better about the "terrible" goal that Lundqvist gave up. Good grief.

Wolfy*

We have now learned to be a physical team, since we survived the Flyers.

The Pens are not a typical goon team, so we should be able to hit them hard and wear them down.

Look for a monster hit by Zucc on Cindy ;)

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
After watching the goals Rask and Price have given up tonight, I feel even that much better about the "terrible" goal that Lundqvist gave up. Good grief.

It was a weak goal. Deal.

I've defended Hank as much as anyone on here, but come on...

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

I couldn't help but imagine how bad Lundqvist would be getting ripped apart by the fans for some of those goals. I've always maintained that many of those who criticize often go well overboard and many of those who defend usually do the same.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Comparing Fleury's save percentage in the playoffs over his career to his regular season save percentage in his career is beyond silly. People that call him a choker point to the last 2 years. People realize he was an adequate goalie in the playoffs in 2008 and 2009, neither is relevant now.
So he can play in the playoffs, but just hasn't recently?

What I'm saying.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So he can play in the playoffs, but just hasn't recently?

What I'm saying.

I don't see that in there. Plus, this makes it sound like the difference is random rather than what was pretty obviously confidence issues the last two years.

The difference between his career regular season and playoff save percentages (0.910 vs. 0.903) over 2,451 shots against can certainly be explained by random distribution.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I don't see that in there. Plus, this makes it sound like the difference is random rather than what was pretty obviously confidence issues the last two years.
Whether it was confidence or not, why would that make him more or less likely to be a playoff choker? Players lose confidence in the regular season, too.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Whether it was confidence or not, why would that make him more or less likely to be a playoff choker? Players lose confidence in the regular season, too.

Because he didn't just have a couple of bad playoffs. In 11-12 he was part of a record setting 1st round series in goals given up. Last year he lost his job to an over the hill Vokoun because he was so awful.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'd rather Klein-Moore not get much time against the likes of Crosby or Malkin as well but that pairing is a lot better than the Moore-Del Zotto pairing earlier this year that was just a train wreck waiting to happen against any kind of top talent. Klein and Moore are a lot more likely to survive getting caught out on the ice now and again than the previous DZ-Moore pairing.

After the Pens top two lines the scoring from the bottom 6 falls almost off the cliff. This is potentially an area that the Rangers can exploit by rolling their lines and getting good performances from the Moore line. Staying away from the Pens pwp is a key and good penalty killing would be another. There's something to be said for frustrating the **** out of the other team if the other team has more top end skill.

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
Rangers take game 1 convincingly due to my Snazzy new avatar.

Whatever it takes.

I'll add this to the pot for good measure:

9hKS8JY.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad