Recalled/Assigned: Mete sent to the AHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016

CJ saying that Mete is the future and the present of the Habs blue line. But they want to put him in a situation where he will play and find his game again.

CJ knows very well that the future is not Schlemko, Benn or Ouellet for sure.... Kulak and Reilly are huge question marks too.

Jul 6, 2016
I’m ok with Mete going down. I WASN’T ok with Mete playing his off-side over Benn who is used to play the right side. When a 20 years is struggling a little bit in the NHL, the worst thing you can do is switch him to his off-side. Hopefully he build some confidence and come back strong!

mete played a lot on right side in the OHL. That is not the reason he was struggling.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Bergevin is really tempting me to get an AHLTV pass....

This was the right move as Mete needs to develop his offensive game and play big miniutes. Playing with Alzner/AHL in general will help him do that. Once we start unloading some defenseman we will have the space and miniutes for Mete in the NHL and hopefully by then Mete is a more polished player.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
CJ's already trying to figure out how to get rid of Reilly for good.

He can't resist the limited upside that Benn, Schlemko & Kulak provide.

I called it at the beginning of the season when everything worked perfectly that we would revert to icing vet scrubs as soon as we would struggle. Here we are ...

Reactions: covfefe and 417

Jul 6, 2016
The next BIG decision - if the team keeps losing games - would be to send back Kotkaniemi to Finland to play at pro level, play at the World Junior Championship, score, dominate, and get physically stronger.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Hopefully this will help the kid find his A game again. He hasn't been terrible per se but he's just not been playing up to expectation in 2018.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Mete has not made any significant progress since he stepped in the NHL and it's something i would have done on day 1 of this season......maybe we would be calling him up now instead of sending him down.

Now Mete has to work on his shot and his positionning......and hit the gym at every opportunity. But as usual, i'm sure there will be injury and we end up calling him back up in a week or two.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Jul 6, 2016
I called it at the beginning of the season when everything worked perfectly that we would revert to icing vet scrubs as soon as we would struggle. Here we are ...

The kid was struggling too. Who's not struggling on that D-Corp ?

I think the timing is perfect to do that move.

Jul 6, 2016
Yeah but we know who will be the odd man out when Juulsen will return.

IF the team has still Playoffs chances, they gonna play Juulsen. IF the team is like 10-15 points from Playoffs spot, they gonna play their scrubs vets.

Anyway. In your crystal ball, have you seen Alzner being waived and sent to Laval ? be honest !

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The kid was struggling too. Who's not struggling on that D-Corp ?

I think the timing is perfect to do that move.

Kids struggling is nothing unusual. They can progress with experience. Learning from your mistakes. C'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron. Etc ...We have been icing 30 years old journeymen vet for 25 years now. If Mete comes back soon then fine but if history repeats itself we will keep icing journeymen.

Reactions: dinodebino

Jul 6, 2016
Kids struggling is nothing unusual. They can progress with experience. Learning from your mistakes. C'est en forgeant qu'on devient forgeron. Etc ...We have been icing 30 years old journeymen vet for 25 years now. If Mete comes back soon then fine but if history repeats itself we will keep icing journeymen.

Mete is a 4th round pick for a reason. He is small, doesn't hit, has no NHL shot. His only real force is his skating. That kid should had played in the OHL last season, and at AHL level this year, anyway.

Reactions: Oryxo and Tyson

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
He will be back when Schlemko is waived, what shouldnt be too long, I would say 10 games at the very worst... Kulak promoted and paired with Weber, interesting, exactly what I suggested no long ago..

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
very good decision! kids needs to play mad quality minutes! he just turned 20... people act like we saw his final project. Dman are usaly not even in the league at that age, Mete will be gold for the years to come!

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Mete is a 4th round pick for a reason. He is small, doesn't hit, has no NHL shot. His only real force is his skating. That kid should had played in the OHL last season, and at AHL level this year, anyway.
And Benn and Schlemko were not drafted for a reason ...

If this management proves me wrong then so be it i'll eat my crow. But imo MB will keep searching the bargain bin until he is fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad