Recalled/Assigned: Mete sent to the AHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
I’m ok with Mete going down. I WASN’T ok with Mete playing his off-side over Benn who is used to play the right side. When a 20 years is struggling a little bit in the NHL, the worst thing you can do is switch him to his off-side. Hopefully he build some confidence and come back strong!

They were saying that he played a lot on the right side when he was in the OHL.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Knew it. Not a fan of Mete and felt he was way too overrated. Was sheltered last year and now that he's in the spotlight, he's been exposed. You can have all the speed you want as a midget dman, but you cannot be in this league without being able to give or take a hit and he can't do either, not to mention the fact he has absolutely no shot so he can't even be on the P.P.

Jul 6, 2016
And he was the only D (maybe Kulak ???) that had not to go thru waivers to be sent down to AHL.

Reactions: Agalloch

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
If we look at the pairings right now:

Kulak-Weber
Schlemko-Petry
Reilly-Benn
Ouellet

I can see Benn being the next to go when Juulsen comes back in the next weeks.

Jul 6, 2016
Knew it. Not a fan of Mete and felt he was way too overrated. Was sheltered last year and now that he's in the spotlight, he's been exposed. You can have all the speed you want as a midget dman, but you cannot be in this league without being able to give or take a hit hit and he can't do either, not to mention the fact he has absolutely no shot so he can't even be on the P.P.

I like pint-size d-men on a team, but not more than one, a really good one like a Samuel Girard or a Torrey Krug, even a Marc-André Bergeron with a HUGE shot. Mete is not -yet - at their level.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think if Bergevin listens to the general consensus on the Habs HF boards, he will do just fine :sarcasm:.

Logical move at this stage. He needs to play and Bouchard will use him effectively

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

CJ saying that Mete is the future and the present of the Habs blue line. But they want to put him in a situation where he will play and find his game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad