Confirmed with Link: Messier leaves Rangers

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
What he says is true.

Lundmark was ruined by the organization. Mess had a lot to do with it. Lundmark had some genuine talent. And they threw the kid in a checking role. Square peg, meet round hole.

Mess also had his hand in the departure of Zubov.

Guy did a lot of good for the Rangers, but did a lot of damage as well.

I was being sarcastic, don't forget he ran Nedved out of town too

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Too many bad stories that seem genuine circulating about this guy and his seeming douchiness. Was he always this way I wonder or was it just too many years of walking into a room and having people kiss his a$$?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I had a source within MSG that was a high ranking official and another that is still there that's actually been seen and mentioned in footage on air.

The former actually organized Messier night from head to toe. This person was also responsible for courting Messier's family around Manhattan and said that Mark and his family were a bunch of *******s. So obviously with this all being said, it doesn't surprise me at all.

I love Messier the player, but off the ice, he's the cream of the crop when it comes to douchebaggery.

Islesfans1978*

He is acting like a child, this is no different than the cry baby act he pulled that landed him in Vancouver.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Too many bad stories that seem genuine circulating about this guy and his seeming douchiness. Was he always this way I wonder or was it just too many years of walking into a room and having people kiss his a$$?

"Ass" isn't censored. :)

Now on topic, I don't see why people here care about his personality. In the Garden, he's a legend. Outside, I don't care about him.

My only problem is that he thought he could get the HC job without putting an effort into it. If he wants the job in 5 years from now, I'd welcome him with open arms as an assistant.

I wish we could actually talk about his past position and his future position rather than bashing him because it's now the fun thing to do.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
The funniest thing about all of this is that the kingsbridge armory will not be very successful.

To quote Biggie "Hockey and Bronx dont mix, like two dicks and no chicks, find yourself in serious ****."

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
If we're going down Memory Lane I have 2 Messier stories: first story my uncle and I used to have partial season tix and we'd wait for autographs before the game and Messier, Leetch, Lindros would take a limo to the Garden. Leetch and Lindros would sign for the fans but Messier would blow everyone off every time. Second story my uncle and I caught Messier in the lobby before a game so I was maybe 15 at the time, I kept walking with him while my uncle asked if he would take a pic with me. Messier never stopped so my uncle had to snap a quick pic, needless to say he wasn't even posing for the pic and you see me trying to get him to sign a puck in the pic. Complete ****** both times I met him.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Ya I speak the language of money. Kids in the Bronx dont have much of it and hockey gear costs a lot, especially when they are young and growing.

You know how they are going to run the place?

The developers of this rink apparently went to Ed Snider's youth hockey program to see how it's ran to put up a good campaign for this, and it's completely free for children. I'm not sure if you have to be poor to get in for free, but you don't know how much it's going to cost.

Not only that, this place is apparently going to have national and international tournaments.

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
Ya I speak the language of money. Kids in the Bronx dont have much of it and hockey gear costs a lot, especially when they are young and growing.

Doesn't matter, try to get a decent ice time at chelsea piers and not pay through the nose for it.

Adult leagues alone will keep the place afloat, and it's a close enough distance to hold youth tourneys for LI/NJ/PA/NY/Conn teams.

Plus don't underestimate the willingness of rich people to throw money at figure skating programs.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
The funniest thing about all of this is that the kingsbridge armory will not be very successful.

To quote Biggie "Hockey and Bronx dont mix, like two dicks and no chicks, find yourself in serious ****."

Biggie was from Brooklyn
And why you hating on the Bronx?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
"Ass" isn't censored. :)

Now on topic, I don't see why people here care about his personality. In the Garden, he's a legend. Outside, I don't care about him.

My only problem is that he thought he could get the HC job without putting an effort into it. If he wants the job in 5 years from now, I'd welcome him with open arms as an assistant.

I wish we could actually talk about his past position and his future position rather than bashing him because it's now the fun thing to do.

Agree. It doesn't really matter about what he was like away from the rink. People should keep in mind though that as a player he wasn't well liked by the opposition either--and that was a very good thing. Before the Rangers won that Cup--it was like he was on a mission to deliver it--that should be kept in mind as well. Afterwards it was different and by the time he came back from Vancouver he was not the same. By that time he was in the process of becoming a shell of the player he once was. Like a lot of superstar athletes in all sports he did not go out very gracefully--did not seem to realize when it was time to hang up his skates. He could put up points but he passed his sell by date long before he actually retired and that hurt this organization and it seemed he was always oblivious to that.

Those who don't know though--'94 was a magical season for the Rangers and their fans. He dragged this team over the finish line and I'm grateful he did. It's just some of what came after was not that good and I never understood his need to be the guy all the time. One thing that's grated on me all these years is the Stanley Cup winning goal. It was Noonan's and he should have backed off--instead of saying it didn't matter who scored the goal. Like with most everyone there's good and bad.

As for the current coaching change--that's a serious thing and there should be no ****ing around with something like that. Rule No. 1--you want to coach you pay your dues--whether as an assistant or in the minors, juniors or college. Some of the best coaches were mediocre players--guys who survived through heart, will and intelligence. Messier didn't put the work in and didn't deserve the job.

SupersonicMonkey*

You know how they are going to run the place?

The developers of this rink apparently went to Ed Snider's youth hockey program to see how it's ran to put up a good campaign for this, and it's completely free for children. I'm not sure if you have to be poor to get in for free, but you don't know how much it's going to cost.

Not only that, this place is apparently going to have national and international tournaments.

Its also supposed to have an arena with large enough capacity for a minor league team. ECHL? AHL? NAHL? FHL?

Maybe NYU steps up to D1 and has a real arena to play in?

Rangers will supposedly hold open practices for the public to see, from time to time.

A lot of possibilities.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Its also supposed to have an arena with large enough capacity for a minor league team. ECHL? AHL? NAHL? FHL?

Maybe NYU steps up to D1 and has a real arena to play in?

Rangers will supposedly hold open practices for the public to see, from time to time.

A lot of possibilities.

I've heard that the Islanders will use the place as their practice facility, but I don't know why that's allowed.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I hope you're wrong about that.

We desperately need more kids playing hockey. Hell, we need more kids off the couch and away from video games and into sports/physical activities in general.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia

To quote Biggie "Hockey and Bronx dont mix, like two dicks and no chicks, find yourself in serious ****."[/QUO

So who is dick #2, we know who #2 is. I just thank god that this will help pave the way for Gorton to be the next GM.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
What nonsense is this?

Graves does a lot and serves a purpose. Unlike Messier, Graves actually is an excellent judge of talent and has been working his way up from the bottom. He is part of the ownership group of the Oshawa Generals of the OHL.

http://oshawagenerals.com/page/adam-graves

Leetch? He doesn't even have a position within the organization. He works as a part time analyst on MSG and his insights are far better then anyone else on the MSG staff.

Richter has what, an administration job? He actually went back to college to finish his degree after he retired. He also works hard.

Beukeboom is coaching at lower levels. He, too, is working his way up the right way.

Richter is heavily envloved in some enviormental project. My cousin's husband & his partner are doing some type of deal with him. I don't have many details. I just found all this out last night when she called to ask me to send her a picture of my Richter tatoo so they could show it to hime when they meet with him next week.

I was like, he has seen it already I tried to get him to autograph it at an open practice at Rye playland. He was horrified & ran away.

chip chipperson*

I read the first 10 posts and now im homicidal.

"good riddance" "what a baby."

some people suffer from extreme dumbness. good riddance, like he was a burden with the organization. and what a baby. the guy didnt get the job he wanted and he left. good for him. name one guy that didnt get a job he wanted and was happy about it.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
I told this story before on here I worked for the Messier foundation for many years. Messier and his family are extremely weird almost to a fault. They are extremely close to a point the relationship between his sister and him is creepy .. I worked tons of messier private details and spent many hours a lone talking hockey with mark and his dad which was a thrill and honor. I have also seen a dark mean side of messier towards fans and people when cameras aren't around Mark can be nasty unfriendly and very rude. I was at a rangers vs devils Hal per season a few years ago when mark refused to shake hands with me and when I reminded him that I worked for him I got a fist bump and a excuse me lol . mark can be odd

chip chipperson*

If we're going down Memory Lane I have 2 Messier stories: first story my uncle and I used to have partial season tix and we'd wait for autographs before the game and Messier, Leetch, Lindros would take a limo to the Garden. Leetch and Lindros would sign for the fans but Messier would blow everyone off every time. Second story my uncle and I caught Messier in the lobby before a game so I was maybe 15 at the time, I kept walking with him while my uncle asked if he would take a pic with me. Messier never stopped so my uncle had to snap a quick pic, needless to say he wasn't even posing for the pic and you see me trying to get him to sign a puck in the pic. Complete ****** both times I met him.

i met mess. he couldn't have been a nicer guy. it was probably something you did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad