Speculation: Meruelo's first moves?

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
On Chiclets a few podcasts ago, Biz said August, but who knows if that's right. Biz probably can't even spell August so I don't know if he's a good source.

Also ... I don't venture to reddit much (the cancer of the internet) but there was a Meruelo thread there where some Yotes fan bumped into Meruelo in Reno and talked to him, mostly about the Kessel trade. Link below if you care to read it.

Reactions: RemoAZ and Jakey53

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
On Chiclets a few podcasts ago, Biz said August, but who knows if that's right. Biz probably can't even spell August so I don't know if he's a good source.

Also ... I don't venture to reddit much (the cancer of the internet) but there was a Meruelo thread there where some Yotes fan bumped into Meruelo in Reno and talked to him, mostly about the Kessel trade. Link below if you care to read it.

If reddit is cancer, facebook is cancer with aids.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I would choose downtown over EV. The PPD actually does a great job moving traffic, even during rush hour, or when there are multiple events going on downtown.

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ

This is awesome

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Craig Morgan wrote in The Athletic this morning that accoring to Coyotes CEO Ahron Cohen, the sale to Alex Meruelo is still on track to close by the end of the month and that Meruelo would be meeting with the local media soon afterwards.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Craig Morgan wrote in The Athletic this morning that accoring to Coyotes CEO Ahron Cohen, the sale to Alex Meruelo is still on track to close by the end of the month and that Meruelo would be meeting with the local media soon afterwards.

2 weeks? Uh...like one week I guess. :rolleyes:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
A week from today is the 30th. Sounds about right. Close the deal at 4pm local time, hold back official announcement until 7am local and have Meruelo meet with the media a 3pm local on the 31st. Haha. REALLY build the anxiety. Haha.

From someone in the comments section of Morgan's athletic article, FWIW :

It was great during the Brewers series ... running into my buddy walking in the opposite direction. She works at “ The Den” and sells 50/50 at the Dbacks games.. As I fist bumped her and said “ Let’s go YOTES “ she got up real close and said “ “They ordered a jersey with the new owners name on the back the other day, getting ready for the press conference”...and we walked on.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Can confirm

So unless the guy is part of the group looking to rush Area 51 we are in the clear

Counterpoint: If a billionaire is behind the rush Area 51 effort we might actually find the aliens and no one will care about the moving the Coyotes anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad