RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

5958B0F9-414A-4477-A59C-3B99B9F09F29.gif

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
Merry Christmas Avalanche fans. I haven’t ever felt malice towards your team, likely due a lot to the Joe Sakic factor.

Joe and I share a hometown. I cannot count how many times I have driven through Joe Sakic Way, on Kensington Boulevard. Joe Sakic once wore a hat from the fire department my father worked for, on tv, from having a friend in the department. And I once got to play road hockey with Joe due to my friend’s house being on his parents’ street. It was straight out of a movie- Joe coming out of their house with a stick, “You guys got room for one more?”

Anyway, all the best from an old Burnaby kid.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I apologize for being so late, but well a lot of stuff has been happening over the last few days.

I will just post this song as my christmas present to you all, even if it is late. Hope y'all play it and it becomes as enjoyable to you as it has to me over the last few years. Nat King Cole and Anthony Hamilton...great voices singing a song that spans both the birth of the Christian tradition as well as the old pagan traditions honoring the winter solstice and the roman calaends (the end of the year.)

Hope you enjoy it....

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I work for BOOPERS.

giphy.gif
I love little kittens/cats getting a bit to familiar with dogs. One it shows their complete stupidity as well as their fearlessness. But in the best of the videos...like this one, it shows the great restraint dogs have when it comes to critters they know their humans love.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I love little kittens/cats getting a bit to familiar with dogs. One it shows their complete stupidity as well as their fearlessness. But in the best of the videos...like this one, it shows the great restraint dogs have when it comes to critters they know their humans love.
My mom and dad had a seal point siamese, Nicky. That cat let toddler me endlessly pull on his whiskers with nothing more than endless meowing until they would come to his rescue and take the idiot(me) away. It took my mom maybe 25 years to find another cat she loved as much.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
So...my wife and I have always had two cats. Much like the Sith, I think the rule of 2 is perfect. There is a master and an apprentice. I bought her Luckenbach, for Christmas in 1999. He started showing sings of being unhinged but it was due to the house being so empty. I was working nights and my wife was working days. Most of his time was spent around people sleeping. So we rescued a cat from the pound. She was not a kitten but she wasn't a cat either. Yet, when she walked into the house he hissed at her and she just bopped him on the nose and walked right past him to explore the rest of the house. Now she was like 8 pounds and he was damn near 25 pounds. He immediately become heavy. He worshiped her and any time she made a noise, he'd come in to protect her. Funny stuff. Unfortunately, Luke passed away at aged 15. Isabeau was kinda lost without her best friend at that time, so we took in a rescue cat from our in-laws. (Trapper) was captured in a live trap by my father-in-law because it was hitting -40F and this poor son of a bitch was living at the dryer vent of their house for warmth (and also maybe on the engines of recently parked cars). They had been leaving out food for him and water on top of a heating blanket to keep it liquid. He finally got a live trap and captured the dude. He didn't get along with the cats they had so they parked him in the finished basement and left tvs and radios going so he had noise and spent time with him as they could. Once Luke passed, we spent a week or two and realized Isabeau needed company. So we brought Orange in. They hit it off right away. Izzy died a year later of cancer. (Have I said f*** CANCER yet?)....Anyways, Orange started to get weird and his eyes got all black and he just kinda went nuts without have a friend. At this point he was probably 7 years old. So I reached out to a local shelter and found a young (maybe too young) tortie kitty to adopt. The reason why I think she may have been too young is that when she entered our house she started trying to nurse on our 7 year old male orange cat. The plumbing simply doesn't work that way. However, he was so cool and calm about the whole thing. He would gently push her away or just cuddle up to her and make sure she couldn't continue to do it. They have become best buddies. If either makes a surprised noise, the other is there in a flash to help. I love how folks call cats solitary creatures. It's simply not true. My wife and I go to sleep and somewhere around 2am, both cats are on our bed fast asleep. Usually snuggled up on our heads.

Have no idea what I'm trying to prove with this other than the fact that while I never had children, i have had good cats?? *LOL* Sorry, after the day I have had, I might have had a few shots and might be a bit drunk. Forgive me.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
So...my wife and I have always had two cats. Much like the Sith, I think the rule of 2 is perfect. There is a master and an apprentice. I bought her Luckenbach, for Christmas in 1999. He started showing sings of being unhinged but it was due to the house being so empty. I was working nights and my wife was working days. Most of his time was spent around people sleeping. So we rescued a cat from the pound. She was not a kitten but she wasn't a cat either. Yet, when she walked into the house he hissed at her and she just bopped him on the nose and walked right past him to explore the rest of the house. Now she was like 8 pounds and he was damn near 25 pounds. He immediately become heavy. He worshiped her and any time she made a noise, he'd come in to protect her. Funny stuff. Unfortunately, Luke passed away at aged 15. Isabeau was kinda lost without her best friend at that time, so we took in a rescue cat from our in-laws. (Trapper) was captured in a live trap by my father-in-law because it was hitting -40F and this poor son of a ***** was living at the dryer vent of their house for warmth (and also maybe on the engines of recently parked cars). They had been leaving out food for him and water on top of a heating blanket to keep it liquid. He finally got a live trap and captured the dude. He didn't get along with the cats they had so they parked him in the finished basement and left tvs and radios going so he had noise and spent time with him as they could. Once Luke passed, we spent a week or two and realized Isabeau needed company. So we brought Orange in. They hit it off right away. Izzy died a year later of cancer. (Have I said **** CANCER yet?)....Anyways, Orange started to get weird and his eyes got all black and he just kinda went nuts without have a friend. At this point he was probably 7 years old. So I reached out to a local shelter and found a young (maybe too young) tortie kitty to adopt. The reason why I think she may have been too young is that when she entered our house she started trying to nurse on our 7 year old male orange cat. The plumbing simply doesn't work that way. However, he was so cool and calm about the whole thing. He would gently push her away or just cuddle up to her and make sure she couldn't continue to do it. They have become best buddies. If either makes a surprised noise, the other is there in a flash to help. I love how folks call cats solitary creatures. It's simply not true. My wife and I go to sleep and somewhere around 2am, both cats are on our bed fast asleep. Usually snuggled up on our heads.

Have no idea what I'm trying to prove with this other than the fact that while I never had children, i have had good cats?? *LOL* Sorry, after the day I have had, I might have had a few shots and might be a bit drunk. Forgive me.
Oh, interesting. I used to not be a "cat person" (they have those in the Cats Movie) since I've never had one, but my friend recently got a cat through his SO, and the cat's real social so I like cats now.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Hope you all had a great Christmas. Hoping for a healthy Avs team the rest of the way to the finals.
Christmas Eve I Had my wife whisper in my ear my three favorite words....

GO AVS GO!

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad