Post-Game Talk: Merry Chiamas!

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Can we play Jones with Larsson?

Can we replace Benning with...anyone else?

Can't wait until our D-corp is healthy and sorted out. I am praying it will be in my life time.

Anyways Merry Christmas everyone!

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Ehh they battled well. But you're not going to win icing a pairing of Gravel-Jones or Garrison-Benning, let alone both of them.

McDavid and Draisaitl were the only two that consistently created chances on the rush, beyond them the team looked slow and unpolished when setting up. That sloppiness was the difference on a few GA.

I'd have Wideman in for the next game and hopefully Russel is back after the break.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Honestly that was a pretty fun game, couple posts go in and we are heading to OT. McDavid was on tonight, he's incredible to watch, easily the best player in the game and you could see that extra gear he has that no one can stop.

Look I'm as big a Nurse supporter as most but he just doesn't use his head sometimes. The difference in poise between him and Jones, a rookie, is staggering. You consistently see Jones take his time and make the correct play. Nurse gets something in his head and doesn't adjust. He had all kinds of options in the third there and he made literally the only wrong play he could. He's just maddeningly inconsistent.

I am torn on him because you know if he ever puts it together, he'll be dominant.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
An emergency trade for an established NHL dman, with a slight overpay..... could be time for a move like this.

Reactions: Oilhawks

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Talk about the defense all you want but I'd also encourage people to take a look at what sorts of forwards were out on the 2nd unit power play tonight, too.

Just running players ragged at every position. Zero depth anywhere on the roster. Honestly impressive to see a team that lacks everything.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Talk about the defense all you want but I'd also encourage people to take a look at what sorts of forwards were out on the 2nd unit power play tonight, too.
The second unit has been a disaster all season. The penalized player should be let out once the first unit goes to the bench.

Reactions: NeverForget06

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005

Just running players ragged at every position. Zero depth anywhere on the roster. Honestly impressive to see a team that lacks everything.
Yep. That is all. On the GM

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Another fantastic Chia diamond.

This is our Christmas present, everyone! Your Edmonton Oilers with still no quality depth on forward and defense. Way to go, Chia. You shouldn't have. No seriously, you really, truly shouldn't have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Am I alone in thinking TBL are overrated? On their way to another regular season dynasty. Could only put up 5 on an AHL defense.

Reactions: harpoon

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
On the first day of Chiamas, my Chia gave to me, one Griffin Reinhart.

On the second day of Chiamas, my Chia gave to me a lump of Larsson for our 2nd best player.

On the third day of Chiamas, my Chia gave to me a big fat Milan Lucic.

One Jesse Pooooljarvi, lots and lots of scrubs, Eberle for Stromers, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad