Memories - Video / Audio / Articles from the historic 2017-18 championship season

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think it's fine if they go. I don't think it's fine if anyone thinks it's not fine DSP won't go. ;)

This is America....If DSP doesn’t want to go, don’t go. Break rank with your teammates, risk insulting the club you probably are hoping to resign with, but it’s his choice.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
This is America....If DSP doesn’t want to go, don’t go. Break rank with your teammates, risk insulting the club you probably are hoping to resign with, but it’s his choice.

Anybody who doesn't want to go doesn't have to go. Its a choice as simple as that. Im sure the team will understand and respect him more for what he has done on the ice than what he does off the ice. But at the same time, anyone who wants to go should go and not be scrutinized for it. This is not simply a trip to meet the president. They are going to the WH. This is a tradition. Regardless of who is there its an honor to go. And i was not born in this country, just saying.

islandersdynasty

May 26, 2018
Fairfax, VA
Anybody who doesn't want to go doesn't have to go. Its a choice as simple as that. Im sure the team will understand and respect him more for what he has done on the ice than what he does off the ice. But at the same time, anyone who wants to go should go and not be scrutinized for it. This is not simply a trip to meet the president. They are going to the WH. This is a tradition. Regardless of who is there its an honor to go. And i was not born in this country, just saying.

I am fine if any of the players don’t go. As long as they don’t take a knee during the anthem. Don’t turn this into the NFL where the commissioner has ruined the sport.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I am fine if any of the players don’t go. As long as they don’t take a knee during the anthem. Don’t turn this into the NFL where the commissioner has ruined the sport.
Sigh. This is now going to get locked.

Players can do what they want to do. It's the entire point of the freedom of expression. I hope none go against their beliefs just because of some silly "respect" for tradition or trying to appease their teammates.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Sigh. This is now going to get locked.

Players can do what they want to do. It's the entire point of the freedom of expression. I hope none go against their beliefs just because of some silly "respect" for tradition or trying to appease their teammates.

It's the exact same issue. The point of not going to the WH is to protest how DT is handling the kneeling and related topics. If we're talking about the Caps and the WH visit, the above is the subject.

smd333

May 2, 2012
Man I'm so glad I went down to the parade. They were all having a great time on stage, and it was so cool to be close to that. Joe B and Walton did a crap job truth be told, but I didn't care. Seeing the team with the cup, watching them raise it up, singing along to We are the Champions...it gave me some goosebumps. (and a sunburn)

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
It was awesome the pride of DC Lindsay Czarniak came back for the parade even though she's a bigshot up in Bristol now. By the way where was Locker? Did he get too lit during the parade to make it out on stage with Joe B during the rally.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
If DSP not going to the White House causes any friction with other players or management, then honestly those other players or management can just f*** right off.

Fortunately, I don't think anyone on this team is going to have an issue with it.

islandersdynasty

May 26, 2018
Fairfax, VA
Man I'm so glad I went down to the parade. They were all having a great time on stage, and it was so cool to be close to that. Joe B and Walton did a crap job truth be told, but I didn't care. Seeing the team with the cup, watching them raise it up, singing along to We are the Champions...it gave me some goosebumps. (and a sunburn)

I wish they did “Don’t stop believing” by Journey instead but no big deal. Sounds like it was a lot of fun.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If DSP not going to the White House causes any friction with other players or management, then honestly those other players or management can just **** right off.

Fortunately, I don't think anyone on this team is going to have an issue with it.

Spoken like a fantastic teammate! ;)

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I don't care if they go to the WH or not. If Ovi does, I want him to enter/exit the Oval office like the SportCenter commercial.

Ok, back to Caps...what degree sunburn do you have? My arms resemble lobster claws and I put SPF70 on them 3 times. WTH?

Tip: If you put aloe lotion in the fridge for a few hours, it's amazing when you apply it.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I don't care if they go to the WH or not. If Ovi does, I want him to enter/exit the Oval office like the SportCenter commercial.

Ok, back to Caps...what degree sunburn do you have? My arms resemble lobster claws and I put SPF70 on them 3 times. WTH?

Tip: If you put aloe lotion in the fridge for a few hours, it's amazing when you apply it.

Somehow only my face got burnt and now it's looking like a terrific base tan. By some miracle, my neck and my arms escaped unscathed. Yesterday was bad but I am pretty pleased right now.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Cheap beer cripples SPF.

Anyone hear a best guess of the official head count? I am thinking all the extra metro riders 125K, plus those that drove or walked, add 25K. Impromptu folks at "work" who joined the fun, must be another 25K. 175K, rounding up, 200K.

Paging National Park Service head counters.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC

Drinking alcohol does make your skin more susceptible to burns if you got into any of that. Allergy medication as well. If not that, check the expiration date. It'll go bad in a few years.

Back of my neck is all, but that is because i faced away from the sun the entire morning leading up to the actual rally.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Cheap beer cripples SPF.

Anyone hear a best guess of the official head count? I am thinking all the extra metro riders 125K, plus those that drove or walked, add 25K. Impromptu folks at "work" who joined the fun, must be another 25K. 175K, rounding up, 200K.

Paging National Park Service head counters.
130K more rides but that doesn't take into account people going both ways.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
130K more rides but that doesn't take into account people going both ways.

Oh snap! So let's half that.... I will say 100K. I guess after the unpleasantness related to headcounts on the mall, we will never get an answer.

I love the last page of the SI issue, Ovi and of course, the cup, getting sprayed with Champagne. I love that he loves his trophies.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Oh snap! So let's half that.... I will say 100K. I guess after the unpleasantness related to headcounts on the mall, we will never get an answer.

I love the last page of the SI issue, Ovi and of course, the cup, getting sprayed with Champagne. I love that he loves his trophies.
I think your first full number is correct. How many of the daily metro riders simply changed their destination. Probably a good bit. It is so hard to get a quality estimate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad