GDT: Memorial Cup 2014 (Tva Sports/Sportsnet)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
Can Val d'Or survive for another 20 minutes...?

Ok, yes.

I like Anthony Richard a lot, but I don't know if it's because he is very tired, but he doesn't help much defensively nor backcheck hard.

Aubé-Kubel is probably my favorite Q player. Very gritty, intense, fast, just draft him.

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
I'm probably wrong, but I thought that Val d'Or was better in the second overtime period than in the first. Maybe it's because Edmonton is more and more tired.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Ok, yes.

I like Anthony Richard a lot, but I don't know if it's because he is very tired, but he doesn't help much defensively nor backcheck hard.

Aubé-Kubel is probably my favorite Q player. Very gritty, intense, fast, just draft him.

NAK is a lot like Bournival, though a more natural skater.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Ok, yes.

Aubé-Kubel will be gone between our first and third.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Any scouting report on Eller tonight? How did he do?

And why is Gelinas unsigned? His stats are pretty impressive. Is it because he is 5'10?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sad to see the ending....but Val D'Or still had a very good tournament. Much better than anticipated. Can't wait to see Bibeau's progression.....let's hope it's not too great....

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
The QMJHL streak is over. :(

yeap, all good things have to end. Can't say I wasn't expecting it though.

Val d'Or's achilles heel this year has been turnovers in the defensive zone, got burned on that play. That said, just an awesome, awesome season from these guys. I chose to follow them because I wanted to keep an eye on Mantha. I was expecting him to be traded to Baie-Comeau at trade deadline. Here I stand watching the Foreurs losing in triple OT of the Memorial Cup. Kudos guys, great season.

Sala90

Aug 20, 2009
Rimouski
Any scouting report on Eller tonight? How did he do?

And why is Gelinas unsigned? His stats are pretty impressive. Is it because he is 5'10?

Eller = Pouliot. They are always falling on the ice. Otherwise, he is a pretty intense two-way player, I like him as a player.

And Gélinas is unsigned because the Habs will sign him next week because I want it. :)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Gelina's definitely worth an invite to the prospect camp at the very least. There's not a lot of 5ft10 defenseman in the NHL but tonight he showed that he has the kind of attitude and tenacity that can allow a smaller player to beat the odds. Give him a call Bergy !

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Sad to see the ending....but Val D'Or still had a very good tournament. Much better than anticipated. Can't wait to see Bibeau's progression.....let's hope it's not too great....

Well doesn't really matter, Leafs are good in goal regardless of him developing into a good goalie. :laugh:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Then we need to draft him. I love his game. Just love his game. He's a gamer with tooons of speed. And he loves to hit.

Strange thing is that he showed all that in OT and 3rd period of last game. Didn't show that all tournament long. And frankly, didn't show that in all the games in saw in the Q finals. But what we see is that he has that in him so yes....he will be a good prospect. But for the 2nd round. Not earlier. We still don't see the offensive upside. If you end up picking a Bournival, I'm not sure it fits in a 1st round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad