Post-Game Talk: Meltdown In Cowtown - Jets Lose 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
NEP2335357.jpg

Paul Maurice looked like he was crying. He needs to resign his job.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
"

if armia playd sheifeles Place 100% he makes at least same job in Points and all. and if sheifele playd armias 8 minutes no Points for sheifele. 100%

avgard professor oh hockey
[mod] lol.. he is no where near shief in terms of a player. hes a niche 3rd liner with potential shief is a dominant 1c.. and im a big armia fan. well not as much as yiou obv...

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
In the end, the 21-year-old Dane got just what he wanted, when he agreed to terms on a seven-year, US$42-million extension that should keep him in Winnipeg Jets colours until the end of the 2024-25 NHL season.

Ehlers is beginning the third and final season of an entry-level deal worth US$894,167 a season.

Bryan Little signed a 6 year / $31,746,000 contract with the Winnipeg Jets, including $31,746,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $5,291,000. In 2017-18, Little will earn a base salary of $5,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $4,700,000.

You're talking cap hits. Nobody earns a cap hit. They earn a salary. What a I posted is what the players would see if the compare pay stubs. Little and Ehlers are still on previous deals. The extensions don't take effect until July 1.

Your idea that Wheeler is somehow jealous is ridiculous. He'll earn another $5.8M next year and then be a UFA.

Also Ehlers contract is looking like a potential bargain given recent signings.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
And here we go again. Blame Atlanta for Winnipeg’s troubles.

Actually, I blame Glendale city council for our problems. If we had gotten the Coyotes a couple of years earlier, we would have blowed up that team real good, and done a proper rebuild. Then you would be posting, "And here we go again. Blame Atlanta for Quebec’s troubles". In French. ;)

Reactions: Duke749

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
While I was happy the team held Calgary to two field goals instead of the touchdown they gave up against the Leafs, I'm still not happy with this start. But the first few games are hard to get a read on - and Maurice's teams generally start slowly.

Reactions: Board Bard

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
First year in the league and Vegas is 2-0 while the Jets are 0-2 ... ouch.

Can we imply that Vegas' Head Coach Gerald Gallant is a more defensive minded coach than our Paul Maurice and the Knights players listen when Gallant barks out his defensive schemes?

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
The "I" PK is a joke.

Really would be pleased is a new coach was in town right away.

When is Buff going to be held accountable for his mistakes? These are not mistakes that you want young players emulating when the join the team. Not hanging it all on Buff, but when he carries the weight he does as a leader he should be held accountable.

If you ask Blackhawks' GM Stan Bowman would he take back Big Buff, what would Bowman say?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If you ask Blackhawks' GM Stan Bowman would he take back Big Buff, what would Bowman say?

I'd love to Chevy but I can't afford him right now. We're too cap strapped.Call me back at the deadline in march 2021 if we're not locked out then and maybe we can work something out.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
But Maurice is such a good speaker and loves Winnipeg.

Can the Jets hire the disciplinarian Michel Therrien?

I feel like Maurice's idea of playing defence is simply not playing offense... I really wonder what Sutter could do with this lineup.

Why would Darryl Sutter want to leave his Grande Prairie Alberta sprawling ranch to coach a Manitoba NHL team?

Can we call up the head coach from the moose? Oh.....wait......
I bet assistant coach Scotty Arniel of the NY Rangers would welcome a phone call from Chevy.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
I doubt it happens but if I'm wrong there are probably 5million reasons to do it.

Darryl Sutter won 2 Lord Stanley Cups with the LA Kings and more than $15M as their head coach. I doubt he wants to commute back and forth from Winnipeg to his ranch in Central Alberta.

It doesn’t matter
Maurice is a career sub .500 coach
Maurice did lead the Hurricanes to a Stanley Cup tilt with the Red Wings although the Canes lost 4 games to 1 to Yzerman's gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad