Post-Game Talk: Meltdown In Cowtown - Jets Lose 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Maybe its time to realize that buff wheeler little toby aren't our best players anymore?

Wheeler is not only the best forward on the Jets, he is also one of the best forwards in the entire NHL. If I am starting a new team today and get to draft anyone from the NHL, Wheeler makes the team 100% of the time. Those here who shit only him only make themselves look ignorant

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
All coaches have an expiry date.
This would have been a very good spot to have continued with Maurice less the extension and relieve him of his duties with no fuss or no muss.
Instead we extended him which made no sense whatsoever.
Every coach and even star players go stale in the marketplaces they achieve success.
Generally speaking I don’t like term contracts because of this.
It becomes the “it’s not you , it’s me” scenario.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I"ve said this for five years defending Pavs. Took five years but everyone here is now seeing how terrible our D is. If Pavs was in net last night most the blame would have been on him. Pavs wasn't the answer but he's not as bad as the numbers made him seem. Everyone jumped for joy when Pavs was assigned to the Moose last year, I laughed.

[mod: cut it out]

Except that Pavelec put up .875 last night. I know right now is the moment for extra-hot taeks but you might want to pump the breaks on that one.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
ok professor of hockey here. heres something:

sheifele,Perreault,laine maybe in first line.
Ehlers,armia and some else second line.

try trade Wheeler asap. third,fourth line til then. send buff to AHL or bench him til he gets traded(doubt any team will have this) or buy him out.

just something to do with players.

total renew must be done of how team playing. i want team to play offensive. once team gets rid of buff and his 25-30 minutes this helps team alot. most of the defensive problem overcome and also offensive problem.

i realise this all is just a Dream. it will not happen. if just a new coach soon arriving he will start with just all the same players, the same lines etc. they, these "expert"coaches are just normal people who happen to be in the hockeybusiness. they have when arriving to Winnipeg no knowledge of the players, the team. they are just "qualified" for the job.

i feel sorry for laine, he is so good and have no proper linemates to play with and the team playingstyle dont help his production, it brakes him. still he puts thing to the table. also sorry for armia. great player WHOs here unweaponed badly

avgard the hockeyprofessor

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
Too me it seems every time other teams get sustained pressure in our zone our D has no idea what they’re doing. They literally fall apart. To me that’s a coaching issue. Players are getting what Maurice is teaching or isn’t working. I swear teams are going behind the net a drawing one of our d high up on purpose. The team is having a hard time defending that for some reason.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Saying wheeler struggled last two games != saying he sucks in general. I'm sure this group is better than they've shown but 13 goals in two games gives fans a license to be angry don't you think?

Reactions: JetBlue420

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
What exactly do you think trading a vet would do to help Jets win?

I read an interesting article a few years back. It was an interview with a former GM. In it he said he liked to keep an ear to what's going on in the room. If it starts getting too "comfortable" on there he would look to make a trade to disrupt that and add a small amount of discomfort. It's psychological. You see a friend and teammate sent packing.

Now obviously it's not as easy to make trades as it once was. I have no idea if it works or not. The GM in the article seemed to think teams don't perform best if they are too "comfortable"

It could be something they try before firing the head coach.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
team needs a shakeup

Paul Maurice is unable to get his players to buy into playing responsible defensive hockey. Resisters include Big Buff, offense first Ehlers (who just got extended 7 years @ $6M per), Wheels, Little, Laine, Tobias, etc. Chevy knew this BEFORE he extended Maurice for three more years, however Maurice's not protected from being fired. Let's say Maurice is getting $3M per season for the next three seasons. As much as it will hurt Mark Chipman in the pocketbook, he has to relieve Maurice of his duties sooner than later (of course it will be Chevy who gets to make Maurice walk the plank just he jettisoned Claude Noel). The timing of his release will be after the team returns from Vancouver and Edmonton with an 0-4 record having given up 24 goals in 4 games.

The signing of Steve Mason to a 3-year, $12M contract was Chevy's huge blunder. (Hellebucyk is better than Mason, IMO.)

It's too bad, Chipman's lapdog Chevy is well liked by his master. Another owner would have fired Chevy's ass before this season started.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
"Too me it seems every time other teams get sustained pressure in our zone our D has no idea what they’re doing. They literally fall apart. To me that’s a coaching issue."

thts not only coaching issue. we have buff at ice for 25-30 minutes. he cant play. he destroys whole line when he is on ice. and whole team as the endresult. see?

ok we have too much of throwing icingpucksstyle too. but some of Winnipegs players are wrong valued. Little,Wheeler,buff,armia for example. this will not change cos teamstuff like these players except armia beacause they have given them enormous amount of dollars. but wrong is also when they play bad they dont get benched or putted down other lowlines . beacause team have given them so much Money. this is sick. only trading/buy out will change.

coming out and say we have given some players too big deals and given trust to wrong players is not gonna happen. instead we loose all the time in fine style with these players playing bad night after night. and we play great team stuff say, no matter what

if armia playd sheifeles Place 100% he makes at least same job in Points and all. and if sheifele playd armias 8 minutes no Points for sheifele. 100%

avgard professor oh hockey

Last edited:

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Saying wheeler struggled last two games != saying he sucks in general. I'm sure this group is better than they've shown but 13 goals in two games gives fans a license to be angry don't you think?

[need to provide a source] Then, there's the perception that Buff is very comfy after having landed that 5-year, $40 contract and he has tuned out Paul Maurice's messages. That was another Chevy and Chipman mistake signing fuelled by Jets' fans hollering to resign him or the sky will fall for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
All this Buff talk but Enstrom and Myers were truly awful last night.

Tobias was supposed to be claimed by the Las Vegas Knights as feared by Chevy. I wished he was claimed by them because he's another of the OLD Atlanta Thrashers (old relics Buff, Little, Wheeler) who are holding back the Jets Version 2.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
"All this Buff talk but Enstrom and Myers were truly awful last night."

this has nothing to do with fact of how good/bad a player is. buff destroys this team when at ice in all ways.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
"Too me it seems every time other teams get sustained pressure in our zone our D has no idea what they’re doing. They literally fall apart. To me that’s a coaching issue."

thts not only coaching issue. we have buff at ice for 25-30 minutes. he cant play. he destroys whole line when he is on ice. and whole team as the endresult. see?

ok we have too much of throwing icingpucksstyle too. but some of Winnipegs players are wrong valued. Little,Wheeler,buff,armia for example. this will not change cos teamstuff like these players except armia beacause they have given them enormous amount of dollars. but wrong is also when they play bad they dont get benched or putted down other lowlines . beacause team have given them so much Money. this is sick. only trading/buy out will change.

coming out and say we have given some players too big deals and given trust to wrong players is not gonna happen. instead we loose all the time in fine style with these players playing bad night after night. and we play great team stuff say, no matter what

if armia playd sheifeles Place 100% he makes at least same job in Points and all. and if sheifele playd armias 8 minutes no Points for sheifele. 100%

avgard professor oh hockey

Correct me if I am wrong, but how come Chevy (with Chipman's blessing) didn't make Nick Ehlers sign a bridge deal like he did with Jacob Truba? Instead, the little forward was signed to a 7-year, $42M deal while Trouba is still in his bridge deal yet Trouba came into the League ahead of Ehlers.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017

Blake Wheeler is angry that Little, Buff, and Ehlers all make more than he does and he's the Captain.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

this has nothing to do with fact of how good/bad a player is. buff destroys this team when at ice in all ways.

This is a very incorrect statement.

In all 5 seasons before this one when Buff is on the ice, the team outshoots the opposition and out scores the opposition. Is that not the objective in hockey? There's no reason to believe that won't be the case this year as well.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017

Big Buff played his big butt off during his contract-walk year. "Surprise, surprise, surprise" said Gomer Pyle, USMC.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Maybe it's actually time to trade Trouba?

Somehow, the Flames were able to trade for Travis Hamonic even though the Jets have a better talent pool for trades and Winnipeg is much closer to Travis's home in southern Manitoba than Calgary. A Trouba for Hamonic trade with the Islanders would have pleased the American Jacob Trouba.

I now doubt Trouba will re-sign with the Jets for 7 years and $42, the same as Nik Ehlers. The Detroit Red Wings still would love to land the Michgian born Trouba in a trade.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Blake Wheeler is angry that Little, Buff, and Ehlers all make more than he does and he's the Captain.

Little does not earn more than Wheeler does and Ehlers is still on an ELC. Buff does earn more.

Current salary

Wheeler $5.8M
Little $5.0M
Ehlers $832k + potentially another $850k

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Correct me if I am wrong, but how come Chevy (with Chipman's blessing) didn't make Nick Ehlers sign a bridge deal like he did with Jacob Truba? Instead, the little forward was signed to a 7-year, $42M deal while Trouba is still in his bridge deal yet Trouba came into the League ahead of Ehlers.

Trouba only wanted a bridge deal.

The Jets are betting it costs them less in the long run by signing Ehlers early. They are probably right.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Don’t excuse the young guys actions. They were just as complicit last night. Scheif has an “A” last time I checked and I’m pretty sure Laine I saw Laine playing selfish too. The idea that the vets are the sole problem is ludicrous.

Vets are the problem because they are the ones that are supposed to be leading by example,... and for example what sort of example is Buff giving. But moreso, its pomo that won't discipline our vets & won't even cut back Buff's time or admonish him when he spends too long on the ice.

We may win a few games and evn get back into the race, but this won't be fixed until we get rid of Pomo & probably Buff as well.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Little does not earn more than Wheeler does and Ehlers is still on an ELC. Buff does earn more.

Current salary

Wheeler $5.8M
Little $5.0M
Ehlers $832k + potentially another $850k

In the end, the 21-year-old Dane got just what he wanted, when he agreed to terms on a seven-year, US$42-million extension that should keep him in Winnipeg Jets colours until the end of the 2024-25 NHL season.

Ehlers is beginning the third and final season of an entry-level deal worth US$894,167 a season.

Bryan Little signed a 6 year / $31,746,000 contract with the Winnipeg Jets, including $31,746,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $5,291,000. In 2017-18, Little will earn a base salary of $5,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $4,700,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad