Melker Karlsson signed a 2 year contract / $3.250M total

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I was thinking that too, might want to spread out the scoring. He had good chemistry with Nieto, but then Nieto also has good chemistry with Hertl and Couture so who knows.

Nieto pretty much plays well with everybody. Doesn't really matter where he plays, he's gonna help that line. If only he could make pucks go into nets though

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Nieto pretty much plays well with everybody. Doesn't really matter where he plays, he's gonna help that line. If only he could make pucks go into nets though

Yeah I don't like him with Jumbo but that's about it, mainly because of said lack of making pucks go in the net. Anywhere on the 2nd or 3rd works great for him. You're right though, he's useful on most every line.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Hope and pray that Thornton can be a true superstar center, and that Burns becomes a Norris-quality guy.

Lol

Might as well hope that dust turns into gold

Burns will need to learn what "defense" means before we can even think about him becoming a #1 quality guy, let alone a Norris level player

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
I think the Sharks should move Marleau back to center:

Karlsson-Thornton-Pavelski
Nieto-Marleau-Couture
UFA/TT-Hertl-Wingels
Torres-Smith-Tierney
Goodrow
Hayes

Dillon-Burns
Vlasic-Braun
Irwin-Mueller

Um, why? You made the second line a whole lot worse by moving all 3 out of their best position.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Um, why? You made the second line a whole lot worse by moving all 3 out of their best position.

Swap Nieto and Couture then. I think Marleau is best as a center. His best secondary-trait is his defensive ability, which is most utilized at center. His mentality fits a centers. The Sharks thought his speed and goal-scoring would be more useful on the wings; they currently need speed and goal-scoring from center, and Marleau provides that.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Just wanted to add a couple names that could push for a spot, Jevpalovs and O'Regan (Depending on if he leaves BU). Also wondering if Rod comes over this season. Said he likes to agitate which would work well on the 4th line.

It seems pretty unlikely at this point that O'Regan turns pro.

There's a decent chance that Rod comes to NA this season but if he does, I'd be really surprised if he pushed for NHL time, at least to start the season. Going forward though, his skillset is what this org should be looking for when trying to address "grit" in their bottom 6.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
This is a pretty good contract for the org to see what kind of player Karlsson actually is.

I don't expect him to be as productive as he was last season but he should be a useful player going forward.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Nice. Hopefully he improves on his break out year last year. Every little bit helps.

Maybe I should take the approach of if this team makes the playoffs, fine. If not, that's ok too. It's a rebuild, so let's see what is in the pipeline for the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad