Confirmed with Link: Meier, Harrington, 3 prospects, Col's '24 5th to Devils for 2023 1st, Zetterlund, Johanson, Okhotiuk, Mukhamadullin, conditional 2024 1st, '24 7th

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
If we pick up Mercer that’s great, but I really don’t see where this club is competing again in the next 3-4 years when he’ll need a new contract.

It’s fine moving Meier, but they just resigned Hertl for 8 years, and we still have too many years of Couture and Vlasic.

I can’t help but feel like we’re going to be stuck in the Canucks zone.

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
If we pick up Mercer that’s great, but I really don’t see where this club is competing again in the next 3-4 years when he’ll need a new contract.

It’s fine moving Meier, but they just resigned Hertl for 8 years, and we still have too many years of Couture and Vlasic.

I can’t help but feel like we’re going to be stuck in the Canucks zone.
They aren't getting Mercer, but why on earth is his contract situation even on your head? That would be the last thing that matters.

The rebuild doesn't start until Karlsson/Couture are gone regardless.

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
Another point: Sharks didn't have to trade Meier yet, so I expect that return could be decent. Since there was actually no real rush and the cards were on Grier side (which we will see soon)
It's totally different if it's an UFA deal.

jarr92

May 7, 2013
The lack of protection was a big miss, but same thing is true as "can't judge based on the player drafted". No one would have believed we'd end up with a top 5 pick let alone top 3
Maybe he was lying to save face, but DW straight-up said the trade would not have happened with protection attached to the 1st.

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
Nice, any chance to move Karlsson is done. Grier f***ed that one up BADLY. He'll be stuck here until his contract is done now.

EDIT: NVM, thought they already had 2 retentions.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
Maybe for cap purposes, or contract slots balancing.

Also, my hard-learned rule of thumb is if they don't have the blue checkmark symbol next to their handle to not take what they say seriously.
IDK why it doesn't show up on the forums but that's the real Pagnotta twitter, and he has a check mark

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
IDK why it doesn't show up on the forums but that's the real Pagnotta twitter, and he has a check mark
People who got the checkmark before the sale have largely kept it, but anyone recent is doing nothing but paying for it, so it really is kind of useless.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
I hate this
gif[1].gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad