Confirmed with Link: Meier, Harrington, 3 prospects, Col's '24 5th to Devils for 2023 1st, Zetterlund, Johanson, Okhotiuk, Mukhamadullin, conditional 2024 1st, '24 7th

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Erik Karlsson trade had fair value. Ottawa definitely did not lose that trade and did get fair value.
Disagree, that trade was essentially a 1st and a B prospect and depth players at the time for the best offensive defenseman in the league

Reactions: Insignia

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Not on the day of the trade. They got lucky the Sharks had their worst season in 25 years and Norris took a huge step forward developmentally the year after he was traded.
Stutzle part yes, no one could have predicted but Norris obviously was our top prospect at the time and had top 6 center upside.

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
Sorry about that tweet, it was retweeted by a okay source so that's why I posted it.
Let's see..

That post from me can be deleted.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Not on the day of the trade. They got lucky the Sharks had their worst season in 25 years and Norris took a huge step forward developmentally the year after he was traded.
Let's "pin" this post and bring it up everytime that point is made.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Stutzle part yes, no one could have predicted but Norris obviously was our top prospect at the time and had top 6 center upside.
I don't think it's fair to judge a trade on a player drafted given there is no way to evaluate who the sharks would have taken

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If you got a prospect like Norris, who at the time of the trade was projecting as a low-end 2C at best, and a 1st round pick from a regular playoff team for Meier today, would you be happy? I guarantee you wouldn’t.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
The more important question is

Will Timo end the straight up DISRESPECTFUL streak of sharks not getting appreciation threads after they leave?

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
The hard part waiting on the return is also that--if we go by the Orlov trade--the first reports of returns might be wrong, even if from seemingly good sources (who just get bad info).

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
Serious question, if it really went as far as the Mercer/Nemec category who would you guys want?

I would have to go with Nemec, since our Defence depth is not good at all

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I feel like we’re definitely getting Mackenzie Blackwood, right? They wanted a goalie and all. Also don’t know anything about him…

Serious question, if it really went as far as the Mercer/Nemec category who would you guys want?

I would have to go with Nemec, since our Defence depth is not good at all
Nemec 1000%

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
If you got a prospect like Norris, who at the time of the trade was projecting as a low-end 2C at best, and a 1st round pick from a regular playoff team for Meier today, would you be happy? I guarantee you wouldn’t.
I think the talk was that Norris had Couture-level potential? Or was that during his draft (But he was traded only 1 year after his draft am i correct?).

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I don't think it's fair to judge a trade on a player drafted given there is no way to evaluate who the sharks would have taken
That's fair enough when it's a pick in the 20s or even the teens. The Sharks gave up the 3rd-overall.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
dont mess with my emotions haha :P
community-my-emotions.gif

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
That's fair enough when it's a pick in the 20s or even the teens. The Sharks gave up the 3rd-overall.
It's been said ad nauseum but literally no one saw the Sharks missing the playoffs in 2020. You could argue it was bad that DW didn't protect the pick, because it was, but the Sharks didn't "give up the 3OA". That's hindsight thinking.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I think the talk was that Norris had Couture-level potential? Or was that during his draft (But he was traded only 1 year after his draft am i correct?).
Norris was coming off a freshman year where he scored 23 points in 37 games at Michigan and had 3 assists in 7 WJC games. The year before he had barely cracked a PPG with the NTDP. He was not trending towards what he is now, he was trending towards 3C. He developed A LOT after he was traded (I watched some Mich games both years).

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
It's been said ad nauseum but literally no one saw the Sharks missing the playoffs in 2020. You could argue it was bad that DW didn't protect the pick, because it was, but the Sharks didn't "give up the 3OA". That's hindsight thinking.
The lack of protection was a big miss, but same thing is true as "can't judge based on the player drafted". No one would have believed we'd end up with a top 5 pick let alone top 3

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: