Confirmed with Link: Meghan Hunter has been promoted to Assistant General Manager

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So the Blackhawks go from the ugly bad OR stink of the Kyle Beach fiasco to the Top If The Heap of the entire NHL in usobg females in high positions with tge team..Much political correctness points...at the leading edge of corporate examples to follow and send the proper signals to the zeitgeist.

Nothibgvagaibst females getting these positions...but to ve fair ,IF the team sucks too long ,eventually you need to thennfire them as youequaly woukd males who fail to bring success to an organization...itvisvone thing to talk thectalk...butvifvthe team don't walk then,does not matter what gender tgeycare...it must be the same standard....succeed ....OR ELSE!

Hopefully they will succeed in their jobs and that will bring success to the team in all its endeavors...But all the good will in the world will not be enough if the team fails to improve after wouatxwould be the same period of tome given to men otherwise in those jobs...If the women are no better and only more losing persists after sufficient time,then their replacements should not automatically be different women.. Tgey must be judged on theirvown merit or failure...and whoever cones after them judged to the dame standards...not given the jov merely to satisfy some politically correct quota theory..Meritcalone must the standard of evaluation.

So congrats tobalk the women the Hawks are given important positions in the organization...but now they must ORIVE they can do the job that restores tge team to glory again.

• Wow
Reactions: RussCourtnallsGhost

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
"In her current role, [Hunter] will oversee budgeting, team services, contract execution, team security and player services."

"Eaton will oversee the Blackhawks American Hockey League affiliate, the Rockford IceHogs, as well as all amateur and professional player development and performance."

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Congrats to all of them. Kyle has done a good job in surrounding himself with qualified staff
its mostly the same staff stan had but kyle brought norm back and departed mark kelley and ryan stewart...not much has changed yet, but they've alluded to some scouting changes possibly coming this summer...kyle and norm are probably the ones that will move the needle the most going forward anyway, but i did like that they hired someone from another sport that is much further along the analytics curve than hockey to try to look for an edge and a different perspective

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Does anyone here think Scotty Bowman is a major player in this Blackhawks front office?

He's got a cushy consultant gig. He's also the greatest hockey coach that ever lived. You can have worse guys on retainer.

No but that’s kind of why it’s weird to me. He’s ancient and probably was paid as an “advisor” to his son who was fired for being a scumbag.

Not really a big deal but am a little surprised they didn’t just tell him to go walk away peacefully.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
No but that’s kind of why it’s weird to me. He’s ancient and probably was paid as an “advisor” to his son who was fired for being a scumbag.

Not really a big deal but am a little surprised they didn’t just tell him to go walk away peacefully.
He was brought in when Tallon was still the GM.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Yes but I’m sure he stuck around as an advisor as long as he did at his age besides his son was GM. It’s hard to believe he was really doing a whole lot. I mean he’s 88 years old.
I've said as much that I don't think he's doing much. He's just a name at this point.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
It probably shouldn’t be surprising they still pay him given they still parade Hull out there….

But I’d have just walked away from that entire family after everything since it’s not like Scotty is actually doing anything.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Him still getting paid for a no-show gig would be a lot less weird if he had any sort of real historical connection to the organization. I don’t actually care because it’s not my money, but it does strike me as kind of bizarre.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
But what does Scotty Bowman have to with the Blackhawks? His tie to the organization was through his son.

I don't see why there's a need to keep him around as some ambassador.
I think it's goofy myself but whatever. It could be as simple as not wanting any more news articles involving the words Bowman and the Chicago Blackhawks being published.

I don't care one way or the other. Hopefully Hunter brings something worthwhile to the table.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad